(S922x, S905x3) Odroid N2 vs Khadas VIM 3 vs ...?

• eviltrooper I am still in decide mode, will let you know if I do decide.

I have a question on eMMC modules, it says that the only way to flash them is with having a reader/writer module, isn't this the case only for Odroid, as far as I know you can flash anything to an onboard memory on the other boxes?

• Also, does anyone know a work around on shipping prices with Odroid, it seems obnoxiously high - for example I need to pay over $30 for shipping to order it, but some times goes by and I want some module - the best point of these Odroid boxes are the modularity - and bam another 30 for even the smallest thing that probably can get shipped for free with no question asked.

• eviltrooper In Eastern Europe you can't use anything, good thing I visit Germany, the bad thing is that these prices are much higher then the Odroid website, some like over 30% higher.

• The initial production batch will be a small number of S905D3 (VIM3L) boards and the rest are split between VIM3 Basic/Pro using A311D chip - there are no more boards with S922X. Kodi runs fine on a board with 1GB ram and has no need for accelerometers, camera interfaces, or NPU functions. So it will be a nice fast board, but I think the VIM3L will be more aligned to LE user needs and budget. I also have an educated hunch we'll see more plot twists before Khadas settles on the final line-up for the VIM3 family.

• chewitt Sorry, I meant a winner overall when we might be talking price (with the current discounts), of course its a pointless overkill for Libre. I am assuming that that is another version lilke you mentioned, aside the basic/pro, but why a small number - for a test?

• All this VIM3 tom foolery is going to add to the fun of software support especially when they dump it on the market with just the standard Android. A bit of a mess really.

Shoog

• All this VIM3 tom foolery is going to add to the fun of software support especially when they dump it on the market with just the standard Android. A bit of a mess really.

Shoog

It shouldn't be that bad since both S922X and A311 are "G12B".