Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• Hello All!

LibreELEC nighly 9.80 runs pretty well on my Orange Pi PC (H3). And, fortunately, MUCH stable then Armbian (maybe last version fixed that). All seems ok, Video, SimpleIPTV. Only few things prevents LE from becoming ultimate entertainment distro for me (im retrogamer):

1. Black Screen on some emulators (Not playable).

2. Problem when changing aspepct ratio in emulators(stay permanently with low resolution), i fixed that editing guisettings.xml to this:

<defaultgamesettings>

<videofilter></videofilter>

<stretchmode>normal</stretchmode>

<rotation>0</rotation>

</defaultgamesettings>

• Yes wifi module working. I used armbian, raspbian and android but no stable work. I am looking stable and fast os for orange pi lite.

It might be worth trying some of the other H3 images in hopes that everything works there. For example the Orange Pi Plus 2E seems like it should be compatible with your device.

• Problem: Can't change eth0 settings (from dhtcp to manual or off)

Image: LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.80-nightly-20201226-0e2be95-orangepi-plus

Board: Orange pi+

PS: (LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.80-nightly-20200201-a869d6c-orangepi-plus works good)

Edited once, last by Simply_Kot (December 26, 2020 at 7:38 PM).

• I think that this problem is not related to Allwinner only. The new builds for RPi4 behave in the same way. I solve this by manually editing the file ".cache/connman/ethernet_XXXXXXXXXXXX_cable/settings".

When I need to assign IP addresses manually, the content looks like this:

• i have an opipc with a bluetooth adapter, after upgrading to kodi 19 i can no longer connect my bluetooth devices. They appeared on the configuration screen, but did not connect, after the last update they do not appear anymore. Is anyone else with this problem? The bluetooth adapter is 2.0, is that the reason?

Edited once, last by Andre Bollo (December 28, 2020 at 3:10 AM).

• Yes but currently there is no support for overlays yet, so you have to either compile image with additional patch yourself or modify DT by hand (decompile, change, recompile). Neither of these two options is straightforward...

BananaPi M2+ works very well with current nightly images but that means Kodi 19. Why would be Allwinner boards temperamental? LE 9.2 has extremely basic support for Allwinner SoCs and Cedrus driver not so good that it's now, so I wouldn't recommend 9.2 anyway. Why would you need Kodi 18? Python 2?

Both networking issues will be fixed once Linux 5.10 PR is merged. If they are not, please report again.

Orange Pi PC2 - H5 and DVB TV uHAT

Is it possible compile LibreELEC with DVB TV uHAT dtb?

Based by: Orange Pi+ 2 & rpi-tv & hardware transcoding - Allwinner H2 & H3 - Armbian forum

Yes. I tried compile tdb file rpi-tv, but I have issue with correct setup of SPI interface. There are two SPI on OPIPC2, but I am not able to setup SPI interface and I am not able communicate with RPI-TV HAT. On Raspberry it working. RPI-TV set only SPI interface and driver cxd2880 doesnot find it.

• hi, thanks in advance ...

I have an Orange pi one plus with H6 processor.
    It would be possible to have a compilation based on Kodi Leia (18.x) I have seen that the nights available are with Kodi 19 Matrix

Thank you

• To all,

there are two main features in the work:

1. suspend/resume functionality, at first only for H6 (A64 will follow soon after), wake up source - power button press and RC6 MCE IR remote power button:

Allwinner: add support for crust SCP firmware by dhewg · Pull Request #4762 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

2. DT overlay functionality, to change DT on the fly (work in progress, not very close to be merged):

Allwinner: Support for DT overlays by jernejsk · Pull Request #4788 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

• Andre Bollo BT in the GUI is managed by the LE settings add-on which is in the process of being rewritten for Python3; and BT is still one of the bits that's being worked on. If you SSH into the OS you can use "bluetoothctl" to pair devices etc. - until the GUI work is completed.

thanks. With bluetoothctl I managed to connect the devices. Looking for information about bluetoothctl I found that some adapters wait for pairing only for 3 minutes after they stop working, this helped me a lot.

• Hi everyone, dunno if is the right 3ad (if not, please move or delete this post), but I'm trying to understand if is possible to run LE on T95H box (H616/Mali G31):

Display Spoiler

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks in advance.