Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• [HELP Wanted] LE Settings add-on port dbus to Python3 · Issue #4669 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

However, this should not cause your behaviour. Did you do your own builds? e.g. are you completely sure it's actually Kodi issue and not kernel update for example?

No I didn't do my own build. The error log I attached came from flashing this image with no additional changes.

Is there any way I can further diagnose this?

• Is there any way I can further diagnose this?

Your display resolution is not so common: Found resolution 1280x1024 with 1280x1024 @ 75.000000 Hz Can you try on something more standard first, like 720p or 1080p? If you're able navigating through Kodi menu, try to select different resolutions and see if that stabilizes it. I suspect this is HDMI or clock driver issue...

• Your display resolution is not so common: Found resolution 1280x1024 with 1280x1024 @ 75.000000 Hz Can you try on something more standard first, like 720p or 1080p? If you're able navigating through Kodi menu, try to select different resolutions and see if that stabilizes it. I suspect this is HDMI or clock driver issue...

It was an HDMI to DVI cable going to a computer monitor. I've tried connecting it to my Sony TV and I'm getting the same error.

hastebin

And both the monitor and the TV worked fine with the ALPHA 1 nightly.

It doesn't show me the Kodi menu. It never gets past the splash screen. Any other suggestions?

• Your display resolution is not so common: Found resolution 1280x1024 with 1280x1024 @ 75.000000 Hz Can you try on something more standard first, like 720p or 1080p? If you're able navigating through Kodi menu, try to select different resolutions and see if that stabilizes it. I suspect this is HDMI or clock driver issue...

I Googled the traceback error and found a similar bug that suggests this comes from trying to import a deprecated Python 2 library (gobject 2.28.7-3) into Python 3.8.

I can see that LibreElec is using this same version, despite newer versions being available. Is it worth patching the PKG_VERSION to point to a newer version that is compatible with Python 3.8 (the most current version is 3.38), or is this likely to break other stuff?

• Beelink GS1 (allwinner H6)

tested recent libreelec. Seems working fine, even lan is working now.

But bug with sound is still present. Sound is interrupting for a moment every second for 264 videos. No bug for 265 videos. Don't know how is possible that video codec affect sound.

Any help appreciated

• see issue above - proper fix is to use different library. You can experiment by yourself however you want though. And I'm pretty sure display issue is not connected to it - it happens before Kodi is started.

As far as I can tell, pygobject 3.x versions are all dependent on the 'gobject-introspection' library (whereas pygobject 2.28.7 has an optional '--disable-introspection' flag). I'm happy to keep hammering away at this, but I'm a little out of my depth now. Could someone perhaps give me some pointers as to how I go about adding gobject-introspection as a new package? Do I just drop a new subdirectory in the packages directory, or do I need to enable the additional package elsewhere? Is there any documentation on how to create the package.mk files? It seems the most current libraries use the meson toolchain rather than autotools.

EDIT:

Sorry, I just realised which issue you were talking about and I understand now. The best way forward is to lose all dependencies to gobject entirely by using the dbussy library instead. I'm happy to help with this.

Edited once, last by johnpaul (November 21, 2020 at 3:55 PM).

• Can anyone tell me what compile command is being used to create the nightlies for the Pine 64+?

I'd like to compile it myself, but I can't find any documentation about compiling LibreElec.

Would it just be the following?

PROJECT=Allwinner ARCH=arm DEVICE=A64 UBOOT_SYSTEM=pine64-plus make image

I'm getting errors with this command.

• Can anyone tell me what compile command is being used to create the nightlies for the Pine 64+?

I'd like to compile it myself, but I can't find any documentation about compiling LibreElec.

Would it just be the following?

PROJECT=Allwinner ARCH=arm DEVICE=A64 UBOOT_SYSTEM=pine64-plus make image

I'm getting errors with this command.

You can find compile instructions here, check out the build commands for LibreELEC 10.x on that page for information on how to compile for your platform (you can also add "UBOOT_SYSTEM=pine64_plus" before "make image" in your case). I think your mistake was to use "pine64-plus" instead of "pine64_plus".

• Nope, pine64-plus is correct, one with underscore is old and it was renamed. Since no details were provided, I can't say anything why build error occurs. If you have unsupported distro, you can alway try to use docker. There are some helper scripts and some notes for it. Note, I'm building it on Arch, I can't give you help for any other distro or docker.

• Orange Pi PC2 - H5 and DVB TV uHAT

Is it possible compile LibreELEC with DVB TV uHAT dtb?

Based by: Orange Pi+ 2 & rpi-tv & hardware transcoding - Allwinner H2 & H3 - Armbian forum

• I have an H3 board (BananaPi M2+) and I was wondering, will it run Kodi 18?

I know the Allwinner boards are a little temperamental and some only work with Kodi 19, but I saw an old forum with an Openelec image with Kodi 16, so I thought there might be a chance? Does anyone have any experience with this device? Will building LE 9.2 work for it?