Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• I have an H3 board (BananaPi M2+) and I was wondering, will it run Kodi 18?

I know the Allwinner boards are a little temperamental and some only work with Kodi 19, but I saw an old forum with an Openelec image with Kodi 16, so I thought there might be a chance? Does anyone have any experience with this device? Will building LE 9.2 work for it?

Openelec uses the Allwinner BSP kernel, based on Linux 3.x with many binary only drivers, whereas LE uses the current mainline Linux kernel, without any non free components. Both are thus not at all comparable.

I suppose that it should be possible porting an older Kodi to the current kernel and LE environment, but I doubt any developer has any interest in such an experiment, so you would most likely end up on your own.

• I have an H3 board (BananaPi M2+) and I was wondering, will it run Kodi 18?

I know the Allwinner boards are a little temperamental and some only work with Kodi 19, but I saw an old forum with an Openelec image with Kodi 16, so I thought there might be a chance? Does anyone have any experience with this device? Will building LE 9.2 work for it?

Banana Pi M2+ is on the list of supported boards for these builds? Give it a try

• Hi,

I just tried the latest nightly (2020/12/06) on my orange pi one plus a few minutes ago.

There seems to be a networking issue ( flashing lights on the ethernet port but no usable internet connection).

I then tried an older image (july 2020), network worked just fine.

Finally, I manually set up the ip, mask and gateway adress, using the informations from that older and working nightly, but it still would not work.

So it looks like it's not simply a dhcp problem.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance !

• On Nov 1st 2020

I wrote: "

I just tested libreelec on the orange pi 3 and it is wonderful.

The problem is that I have not managed to install a frontend or make the emulationstation work,

retroarch or zack morris ...

Could someone help me install it on the kodi ??

"

Now, I test the new version LibreELEC-H6.arm-9.80-nightly-20201208-8bfef13-orangepi-3 but the same resulsts.

I have not managed to install a frontend like the emulationstation

Could someone help me install it on the kodi for orangepi 3??

• I also have problems with ethernet with the newest image (LibreELEC-A64.arm-9.80-nightly-20201208-8bfef13-pine64-lts.img.gz) on the Pine A64 LTS. An older image (20200311) works fine but has some other quirks.

• A big thank you to the team doing the H6 nightlies, I used the 2012-11 version and made a usb which I dd to the emmc of my orange pi 3 -- works a charm, the wifi is all good, TVheadend and client as good as on my x86 I5 machine.

I tried android kodi - ubuntu kodi - debian kodi - just crap. Libreelec is a god send and it just works!!!!

Well done to whoever.:)

• Just a quick update to the network problem one the OrangePi One Plus :

Using the latest nightly : still no ethernet

(I wish I could make a more useful report, but without ethernet, no ssh, and I cannot open a local terminal either)

But I just tried the OrangePi3 latest image, and it works just fine on the one plus, ethernet included !

I will give it a try in the next few days.

Edited once, last by momus87 (December 15, 2020 at 11:52 AM).

• Orange Pi PC2 - H5 and DVB TV uHAT

Is it possible compile LibreELEC with DVB TV uHAT dtb?

Yes but currently there is no support for overlays yet, so you have to either compile image with additional patch yourself or modify DT by hand (decompile, change, recompile). Neither of these two options is straightforward...

I have an H3 board (BananaPi M2+) and I was wondering, will it run Kodi 18?

BananaPi M2+ works very well with current nightly images but that means Kodi 19. Why would be Allwinner boards temperamental? LE 9.2 has extremely basic support for Allwinner SoCs and Cedrus driver not so good that it's now, so I wouldn't recommend 9.2 anyway. Why would you need Kodi 18? Python 2?

I just tried the latest nightly (2020/12/06) on my orange pi one plus a few minutes ago.

There seems to be a networking issue ( flashing lights on the ethernet port but no usable internet connection).

I also have problems with ethernet with the newest image (LibreELEC-A64.arm-9.80-nightly-20201208-8bfef13-pine64-lts.img.gz) on the Pine A64 LTS. An older image (20200311) works fine but has some other quirks.

Both networking issues will be fixed once Linux 5.10 PR is merged. If they are not, please report again.

• I just checked them in 5.10 and it seemed they where already there. Patch 01 is according me from line 1190 until line 1220 and patch 02 is on line1146 in sun50i-a64.dtsi

EDIT: my fault, seems my kernel was already patched. Just checked the kernel sources on github.

Edited once, last by roel (December 21, 2020 at 8:29 PM).

• You are correct. I think I'm getting crazy. I downloaded the latest kernel from github and unpacked it, I can't remember I patched it. But it seems I did. Time to go to sleep.