Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• Official Post

I'm new in this forum and I'm very happy there are still people keeping the A20 alive.
    Today I compiled an image for my BananaPro successfully (LibreELEC (community): devel-20200512111359-cf26681 (A20.arm)).

Banana Pro is not supported, only BananaPi (non-pro). If you used that image then that's probably the reason why you're experience problems.

Since I want to use it für my music collection only, I'm interested in this features:
    - SATA support for SSD (AHCI)
    - touchscreen support (fex-files)
    - IR-remote control support (sunxi-ir)
    - on board WLAN support

I guess SATA and IR should work (never tested it). Wifi would probably work, if proper config file is added. Not sure what you mean with touchscreen. I enabled most drivers in kernel. So, if it is already supported in mainline kernel, then it works.

• Official Post

I would like to try that.

Cool, just fyi, I can't support you with detailed help, I'll give you just some pointers.

So in theory I need to apply the patches from 'http://LibreELEC.tv/packages/multimedia/ffmpeg/patches' ?

The player i would like to use is indeed mpv. Do you know where i can find the patch ?

Would I also need patches from libreelec for the kernel ? It seems so because when looking at linux/patches/amlogic/ there is some patches linked to lima.

Should I also use the patches from projects/Allwinner/devices/A64/patches ?

For ffmpeg, you only need v4l2-request-api patches. For kernel, you need projects/Allwinner/patches/linux/, patches 1-5 in their name. Yes, patches from A64 subfolder are needed for HDMI audio. MPV probably only needs this patch: hwdec_drmprime_drm: add hwdec ctx · Kwiboo/mpv@91f2b09 · GitHub

lima doesn't have to do anything with video decoding.

• I haven't tried beelink x2 img , do you think it will work ?

May i also have a link with the latest beelink x2 image with the correct dtb file if you think its gonna work? Thanks in advance

Edited once, last by elenick (May 16, 2020 at 11:55 PM).

• Great pls give me a link with latest img, i want to try it out, beelink x2 and mxq pro 4k have almost the same specs, so I think there's a chance :) , thanks fir your help guy's, i want to try it. Also tell me if it is for leia or kodi 19

Edited once, last by elenick (May 17, 2020 at 11:25 AM).

• Hi Jernej!

I am trying to download the latest nightly update but I get the following erreor:

Error.

You aren't allowed to be here.

What could be wrong with that?

• Banana Pro is not supported, only BananaPi (non-pro). If you used that image then that's probably the reason why you're experience problems.

I guess SATA and IR should work (never tested it). Wifi would probably work, if proper config file is added. Not sure what you mean with touchscreen. I enabled most drivers in kernel. So, if it is already supported in mainline kernel, then it works.

Thanks for your reply.

I've been playing around with the bananapro images.

Here is what I did yet:

BananaPro support:

- I added platform parameter for bananapro, which links to bananapro.dtb instead of bananapi.dtb

-> HDMI output freezes while booting, no green LED flashing

-> has to be done more than just adding dtb file?

AHCI problem:

- Created a folder "allwinner" in http://LibreELEC.tv/packages/tools/u-boot/patches and created patch in there (link below).

-> Still no Sata drive found

-> is that folder the right location for u-boot patches?

-> has to be done more than just creating a patch file?

Touchscreen driver:

- I'm using the original 5" LCD touchpanel from LeMaker.

-> touch: They have ft5x_ts driver in their own kernel (link below).

---> is there any way to migrate that driver from the manufacturer's repo, e.g. as additional package?

-> screen: The screen is connected via DSI. LeMaker replaces script.bin by fex / bin files in boot partition to enable that.

---> is there any way to access the script.bin file available at /boot/ in standard file systems?

---> is there any way to cange outputfrom HDMI to DSI?

WLAN driver:

- I'm using the onboard AP6210 chip. There exist a firmware and a driver in LeMaker's repos.

-> same question as above: is there any way to migrate driver and firmware from the manufacturer's repo?

IR driver:

- not tested yet

I'd appreciate you can add support to kernel or show me further information / links!

regards

Links:

AHCI problem: U-Boot - Banan Pro (ahci-sunxi) SATA port stopped working after switching to U-Boot v2016.01

LCD touchpanel: BananaPro/Pi:LCD Module - BananaPro/Pi

LeMaker fex files: GitHub - LeMaker/fex_configuration

LeMaker kernel: GitHub - LeMaker/linux-sunxi: Linux kernel for Banana Pro and Banana Pi

LeMaker ft5x-ts driver: linux-sunxi/drivers/input/touchscreen/

LeMaker ap6210 driver: linux-sunxi/drivers/net/wireless/ap6210/

LeMaker ap6210 firmware: linux-sunxi/firmware/ap6210/

Edited once, last by MusicPi (May 19, 2020 at 12:26 PM).

• Official Post

Download issues should be solved by now. If not, they should be soon.

Jernej, consider returning projects/Allwinner/devices/H6/patches/linux/14-eMMC-workaround.patch to master? This problem was solved only in this way. All this time i build LibreElec manually. Which is somewhat inconvenient.

Nope. It's extremely ugly thing, which halves transfer speed. It was introduced only because I didn't have understanding how to properly write eMMC DT node. Now eMMC works for me on Tanix TX6 box and OrangePi 3 with full speed without issues. If it doesn't work for you, then root cause must be found and fixed.

MusicPi You are on your own with most issues. I don't intend to invest much time in A20, since most peripherals are different than on H3 or newer which I know pretty well. Mostly I just collect interesting patches now and then.

Regarding AP6210, you just need to add proper txt config to brcmfmac_sdio-firmware package. Everything else should be already present.

• Nope. It's extremely ugly thing, which halves transfer speed. It was introduced only because I didn't have understanding how to properly write eMMC DT node. Now eMMC works for me on Tanix TX6 box and OrangePi 3 with full speed without issues. If it doesn't work for you, then root cause must be found and fixed.

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, i do not have enough knowledge. As soon as something else breaks, i will throw this TVbox in the trash.

• Any body still have the libreelec h3 orangepc-plus image for kodi v18.6? This is latest kodi version worked for most addons because of the python changes. Please help. All the newest test releases are for the Version 19.0, I think there should be a place to save the last working current (V 18.6) developed version. Thanks.