Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• Second character after model number tells which interface it uses. U - USB, S - SDIO and E - PCIE. I have seen same models with different interfaces.

Well my wife once had it in a laptop that's why I couldn't really believe that "s" at first...

• Good news everyone!

New images for H3 boards with onboard Realtek WIFI driver (RTL8189FTV) with 5.3 kernel fixes are ready. If someone need WIFI like me here are images for H3 boards.

Images tested only for Orange Pi plus 2E. I had one problem after installation. I wouldn't be able to see wireless networks in setup wizzard, but it was listed in LibreELEC connections menu.

Built from LibreELEC Master Oct 9, 2019 - https://github.com/czosnekdev/libreelec.tv/tree/orangepiwifi

Thanks jernej for your support. I have no time to start new thread with new independent build. I believe you won't mind me publishing it here :)

• Thank you very much for the A64(+) image, it is highly appreciated.

One thing is noticed though is that i could not get the SMB Share to function from Windows PC to A64. With Mac SambaShare it functions, but the Windows Workgroup is just not picked up.

Maybe there are some changes in Leia as i noticed this behaviour also on a recent image on the Raspberry Pi2.

Also there: MacSambaShare is seen, Windows7 not.

When i downgraded the image to Jarvis on the Raspberry Pi2, the samba share from Windows7 would become visible.

• jernej

I just tried to mount an external hdd with vids and pics formatted in btrfs and it fails with the following message:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # mount /dev/sda2 /media/pics
    mount: mounting /dev/sda2 on /media/pics failed: Invalid arg
    ument

is there anything missing for btrfs or i messed something up? Sorry for my clumsy noob question it's my first evening with btrfs ;)

• Just tried LibreELEC on Orange PI PC, it runs great, even on an old not so fast sd card. One small thing I noticed, when I click to safely remove USB device nothing happens, device stays listed, no pop-up window with message that device can be safely removed. Is this expected behaviour?

I've been using an ancient ASUS USB-N11 with Orange Pi PC Plus for 8 months, it works well.

I bought TP Link TL-WN722, very satisfied with it.

• Trying to use Orange PI 3 with TVHeadend, but I got these incidents:

1. DVB-T (1) picture is OK, but when i switch to another channel, the frontend freezes. Tried with USB TV stick, and the same incident happens, when I use OPI3 without USB TV stick, without TVHeadend backend (backend runs on another OSMC Vero 4K). I connected TVHeadend client to remote TVHeadend server, but Kodi freezes after switching channel.
    2. Independent on local or remote TVHeadend frontend i got no picture, when using DVB-T2 (HEVC). The Kodi freezes again while switching to another channel.

I think, I will throw away the OPI3. Armbian is working without sound, Android is unusable, Libreelec freezes, ...

• I'm getting lots of error messages about cec on my x2

is this because x2 is using a gpio for cec? Can cec be deactivated for this board until someone gets it working? Is it a dts issue?

• would be happy if you could make the PR for btrfs on H3

Please test following update: libreelec-h3.arm-9.80-devel-20191016073755-dfedcdb.tar

If it works, I'll make a PR.

is this because x2 is using a gpio for cec? Can cec be deactivated for this board until someone gets it working? Is it a dts issue?

Yes. No. No. There were made some attempts to do something to be able to disable CEC, but nothing that made it to mainline. Current idea by maintainers is to add DT flag to mark it as unusable. I might do it in the future, but currently I'm more focused to video stuff. You can however build your own image and disable CEC driver in kernel.

Kocourek H6 situation is by no means perfect, but it's improving by day to day basis. You can of course throw board away, but it's only matter of time to sort out the issues. DVB is source of many issues, but I can't test that as I don't have any DVB dongle so I rely on users to report the issues. In the mean time, you can try this update: libreelec-h6.arm-9.80-devel-20191016000423-dfedcdb.tar It should solve freezes when switching channels. Video decoding drivers will get an overhaul in the future, but that may take few weeks to finish, since there are a lot of interdependent patches.

• I'm trying the image for the Orange Pc3. I have some problems on the CEC HDMI, LG TV, and Bluetooth that is not seen. Is it a problem of my new Orange? Thanks

You didn't say what kind of the problems. I'm using OrangePi 3 with LG TV and I can say that CEC works fine, it's used every time I test H6 image. Bluetooth was also tested once with my LG G3 phone and it worked at that time. I guess I'll have to test it again.

• Green image means that particular codec crashed and I haven't found a way to reset it properly. If you reset the board, it will be possible to play that channel. Anyway, this issue with HEVC freezing was observed on H6 with 10-bit videos, but it seems that it's possible to trigger it also with H3. I imagine this is one of the last main issues I have to fix for HEVC.

After half a year, I tried whether recordings of German DVB-T2 HEVC streams (they are 8bit) do work with newest release on Orange Pi PC, sadly, they don't. It seems to be even worse. While with the April version I only got a green screen, but could play non-HEVC files after stopping them, now the video engine is so "damaged" that nothing is played any more, only the GUI still works. Only a reboot helps. Sad that those streams seem to be among the most "tricky" ones and I hope it can be fixed.