Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• 2can I tested image on my Pine64 Plus and I could watch episodes without problems. However, I think issue might be in too high GPU frequency which may not work on all boards. I'll prepare test image with lower GPU clock speed.

Yes, please, looking forward to test it.

I cannot see any useful information in the log-file though

• I want to share my gladness after updating to the LibreELEC-H3.arm-10.0-nightly-20210320-7acf79b-orangepi-plus2e.img

I have been using the Release Conditate LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.80-nightly-20210129-fb96fe2-orangepi-plus2e.img for some time and I was very surprised that there was no RC written on the newer 20210320 version (means its final?).

I use Kodi to watch IPTV channels through IPTV Simple client on my Orange Pi Plus 2E. And I had very serious and heavy menu lagging when I scrolled the channels list while any channel's video was playing at the background. I have to say that this thing was so annoying that you can't even imagine (sometimes even caused Kodi to self reboot). And it has been present in my Kodi from the first community images until this "final" nightly update that has been released just few days ago.

Besides that I have been disturbed by this thing for so long time I never thought it could be ever solved. And finally I can thank the developers and say that it is solved now. Even if its not 100% perfect, but its much much better then it was before! Really!!! Many thanks to Jernej and all guys who work on these images!!!

• nema32 Thanks for bisecting! That helps very much. Only possible reason which makes sense is removal of HDMI patch from 2b6c562890b7f34449bf02faaab70b6987543f78. It changes behaviour how CEC address is set and invalidated. I thought it's not needed anymore, but obviously it is. I'll try to reimplement that part and if useful, send it upstream.

I should be able to build/test any patches if that would help.

Does this issue give any indication of the similar problem of it failing to reset when changing input source back to the pi? eg, quick jaunt to the tuner "Disconnecting Anynet device...", then change the input back, and it's non-functional for hdmi-CEC. I doubt the fix you're mulling will address both issues, as all the "good" results only worked when the TV came back from powered off state.

• Installed LibreELEC-H6.arm-10.0-nightly-20210326-9345935-beelink-gs1, on eMMC

There are some issues with RTC, getting spam in dmesg.

HDMI-CEC seems to be failing, more spam in dmesg:

Doesn't wake up after suspend, using stock IR remote power button

Code
    Mar 26 19:42:49 beelink-gs1 systemd[1]: Starting LIRC sleep hook...
    Mar 26 19:42:49 beelink-gs1 kernel: sun6i-rtc 7000000.rtc: rtc is still busy.
    Mar 26 19:42:49 beelink-gs1 kodi-send[830]: Sending: {'type': 'action', 'content': 'LIRC.Stop'}
    Mar 26 19:42:49 beelink-gs1 systemd[1]: Finished LIRC sleep hook.
    Mar 26 19:42:49 beelink-gs1 systemd[1]: Reached target Sleep.
    Mar 26 19:42:49 beelink-gs1 systemd[1]: Starting Suspend...
    Mar 26 19:42:49 beelink-gs1 Boot[839]: ### running sleep script 10-addon-sleep.sh (pre)... ###
  • Timpanogos Slim Thanks! Note that VC1 is not HW decoded (yet, HW supports it, but driver does not) and SW decoding is certainly not quick enough. Can you please disable deinterlacing during playback and see if that works better? Only supported wake up sources are power button and IR MCE remote (power button).

I should have some time for that this weekend. Will have to sort out exactly how to do that though.

By MCE remote do you mean the kind that come with a USB dongle? I do have some and can hook one up. I also have some of the IR remotes that come with random chinese android tv boxes but i haven't looked into how to get the native ir port working yet. Been using one of those logitech keyboards with the built in trackpad.

• 2can Can you please test LibreELEC-A64.arm-10.0-devel-20210326183118-32b3089-pine64-plus-gpu-432-MHz.img.gz ? Only change is that GPU is now clocked at 432 MHz, which is supposed to be highest safe clock rate (nightly images run at 576 MHz and previous test image at 297 MHz). If this works, I'll open PR with fix. Please also tell how smooth/sluggish UI navigation feels.

Yes, that also works, and the UI is more responsive than the version lower-gpu-clk you've shared before

• I should be able to build/test any patches if that would help.

I'll let you know. Currently I'm still trying to find out what to change. That part of code change considerably between 5.8 and 5.10.

Does this issue give any indication of the similar problem of it failing to reset when changing input source back to the pi? eg, quick jaunt to the tuner "Disconnecting Anynet device...", then change the input back, and it's non-functional for hdmi-CEC. I doubt the fix you're mulling will address both issues, as all the "good" results only worked when the TV came back from powered off state.

To be honest, I don't know. CEC is PITA to get it right and I don't know single platform where it works good in all cases. It also depends on TV...

There are some issues with RTC, getting spam in dmesg.

HDMI-CEC seems to be failing, more spam in dmesg:Doesn't wake up after suspend, using stock IR remote power button

Strange. I don't have this box but other developers do. Nobody reported such issues. This would suggest that external 32 kHz oscillator is missing. I'm pretty sure at least some GS1 boxes have it. Can you open your box and make high quality image (so all markings are readable and all components distinguishable)? It's possible that this is another revision and they changed few things.

Doesn't wake up after suspend, using stock IR remote power button

Sadly Beelink GS1 is the only H6 board without proper suspend/resume support. One of our developers couldn't make it work.

Will have to sort out exactly how to do that though.

During playback, press anything so OSD shows. Select settings, deinterlacing and switch it to off.

By MCE remote do you mean the kind that come with a USB dongle?

Yes, they usually come with USB IR adapter. Any IR remote that speaks RC6 MCE should work.

I also have some of the IR remotes that come with random chinese android tv boxes

These usually speak NEC and won't work.

Timpanogos Slim btw, are you able to share that failing HEVC sample? I would like to add it to my collection so next time I'm working on HEVC decoding I could test it and hopefully fix the issue.

Yes, that also works, and the UI is more responsive than the version lower-gpu-clk you've shared before

Thanks! I'll send fix soon.

• Strange. I don't have this box but other developers do. Nobody reported such issues. This would suggest that external 32 kHz oscillator is missing. I'm pretty sure at least some GS1 boxes have it. Can you open your box and make high quality image (so all markings are readable and all components distinguishable)? It's possible that this is another revision and they changed few things.

Here is a photo of my PCB, revision 2.0 Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Almost the same as the one published in Beelink GS1 - linux-sunxi.org , although some chips are diferent.

Sadly Beelink GS1 is the only H6 board without proper suspend/resume support. One of our developers couldn't make it work.

I understand GitHub - crust-firmware/crust: SCP firmware for sunxi SoCs is used to suspend/resume main CPU. Should I open bugreport there, or can I help in any other way?

• By MCE remote do you mean the kind that come with a USB dongle? I do have some and can hook one up. I also have some of the IR remotes that come with random chinese android tv boxes but i haven't looked into how to get the native ir port working yet. Been using one of those logitech keyboards with the built in trackpad.

If you have an ssh connection, use ir-keytable -t then point your remote and click. The scan codes should get printed if the remote is recognized.

Look in /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps for a toml file with matching name, or grep one of the scan codes and look for matching files.

Put matching filename into /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg like so

echo "* * x96max.toml" >/storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg

Read more about remotes and keymaps in Infra-Red Remotes - LibreELEC.wiki

• Thanks! I'll send fix soon.

Thanks goes all your way. Please let me know here when i can switch back to nightly builds.

Also, is there a procedure to just upgrade LibreELEC and leave Storage partition in place? Should i mount .img-file & just rsync everything from there to SD card? At the moment i'm doing clean reinstall everytime, but that's not very convenient...