SD card file system corrupt issue

• While I have you guys here, on another note. When I did my first Kodi Tar backup with the LE program config app, the first backup was 1Gig about, I did 2nd backup this month and that one was 200Mb's which is weird. I did not change anything, or delete or add anything, yet the tar file is much smaller. I could of sworn the first back up asked all the settings I wanted to back up and I check marked them, but for the life of me I don't see that now. Am I missing something here ??

Move / copy the tars to your pc and extract them to see what's been backed up. IIRC it should be everything in storage/.config, /.cache and /.kodi.

Your 2nd backup is presumably incomplete.

• I've never seen settings for backup or was asked for (apart from "where to store")

OK, maybe that was with the Backup app from Kodi TV, I prefer the LE one as it'll restore your Kodi to it's last backup including all shortcuts and settings.

Well still weird as on both RPI 2 first back ups I did they were both over 1 Gig and the follow up are around 200 MB's

• PS: Having a fresh thread for this issue would be nice. Especially because it's maybe a backup bug. The original issue has been solved, I think, and should be marked that way. ;)

I'll create new thread to have it separate.I'll post link to new thread here. I was simply trying not to clutter up the forum. ;)

• I also used diskpart to successfully format my SD card. In addition, using the command prompt is one of the effective ways to fix an SD card. Here are the steps:

Use a command prompt:

Connect the damaged SD card to your computer > Go to "My Computer" > Under the "Devices and Drives" section, locate the SD card and write down its drive letter > Run command prompt and type "chkdsk h:/ r", Where "h" is the letter of the drive> Check if the SD card has returned to normal after completion.

Edited once, last by Thomasmass (September 6, 2019 at 9:32 AM).