Splash Screen on Shutdown

• Hi

Just a suggestion which is really just cosmetic and personal preference. When shutting down LibreElec on the generic x86 build you see a load of services/processes being closed/shutdown. Is it worth having a splash screen of the LibreElec logo or something to hide theses processes being closed/shutdown?

I get a big list run down the side of the TV until my HTPC turns off, I think it would look better with something that would hide those unless you think its helpful to see those processes on shutdown for problem shooting.

What do you think?

• Good idea! I have the same issue on an Intel NUC running LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.010 ALPHA.

• what LE addons have you installed ? btw did you installed hyperion ?

Hi,

No Hyperion isn't installed and I have many addons - are there known issues with certain addons?

I know it's an alpha build, so I am happy to wait for it to stabilise.

Thanks

• This is a known issue with systemd, it's supposed to respect the "quiet" kernel command line option but it's always noisy on shutdown.

• Systemd shows messages only if some service fail. It would be good to know which one does for you? Could you make some image/video on shutdown?

To completely hide systemd messages this boot parameter should do the job:

Code
    1. quiet morequiet systemd.show_status=0

Support my work with small (or big) Paypal donation

Amlogic devices works better with CoreELEC

Blu-ray Disc Java menus support - forum thread, Github

my lamp addon (unofficial/community with limited support)
    my touchscreen support and instructions by Grruhn (now touchscreen addon exists in repository)

• Systemd shows messages only if some service fail. It would be good to know which one does for you? Could you make some image/video on shutdown?

To completely hide systemd messages this boot parameter should do the job:

Code
    1. quiet morequiet systemd.show_status=0

You mean take a photo? Thanks for the boot config command.
    [hr]

You mean take a photo? Thanks for the boot config command.

I don't see any errors:

Edited once, last by vpeter ().

• Same. systemd.show_status=0 does work, but I would actually like to see if there's any errors. Wonder if it's the weird line breaks during Kodi stop that causes it.

• I think this is a better snapshot here.

The most important thing is at start. But on both your images top/left part of the image is missing. Can you make another image please? ;)

Also how long it takes when you issue shutdown command until you see this messages? Immediately, 1 second, 5 second, ...

my touchscreen support and instructions by Grruhn (now touchscreen addon exists in repository)

Edited once, last by vpeter ().

• The most important thing is at start. But on both your images top/left part of the image is missing. Can you make another image please? ;)

Also how long it takes when you issue shutdown command until you see this messages? Immediately, 1 second, 5 second, ...

Here you go and it takes about 4 or 5 seconds.

• Thanks. I see no obvious reason for this.

But strangely now I'm also seeing sometimes this messages over serial console. Will investigate the issue and if I found something I will post here.

• I'm seeing the same behavior too, noisy shutdown/restart with systemd service status displaying, I'm running generic image 7.0.2 x86_64

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk