Posts by Watersnapper

Thanks Chewitt for the info above.

I've managed to boot to the latest version via the SD Card using one of the gxbb images. Although the remote control that comes with the box doesn't work, which isn't a problem everything else has worked. I'll try another image and see if the remote works.

There is an error on boot, which I don't know what it's referring to

Failed to Startethmactool-config.service

Would there be away to write Libreelec it to the onboard flash so it doesn't have to keep booting from the SD card?

Thanks

Hiya, I have a Droidbox T8-S Plus 2 with the latest firmware and LibreELEC 8.2.5 (Kodi 17.6 Final) supplied by Droidbox.

I was wondering if LibreELEC v11.0.3 or CoreELEC v20.2 can now be used on this box as LibreELEC have re-introduce support for AMLOGIC supporting S905, S905X/D & S912 devices to stop older devices going to landfill.

It would be nice to bump up the Kodi Version up to the latest on this device rather than using 17.6

The specs are here

DroiX T8-S Plus v2 Gamer's Edition

I've seen a post for CoreELEC that will run on this device bumping kodi up to 18.6.

Could LibreELEC/CoreELEC be able to be bumped up to the latest bring Kodi up to version 20.2?

Thanks

Hi

I upgraded over the top of Beta 1 (9.95.1) with Beta 2 (9.95.2) and have notice some error messages on Startup/Shudown.

Startup

On the LibreELEC splash screen before it gets into Kodi 19 in the top left hand corner i notice there is an error message. It says the following:

depmod: ERROR: fstatat(5, nvidia.ko): No such file or directory

LiberELEC (officical): 9.95.2

Shutdown

When it exits out of Kodi and goes to the black screen i see the following error messages.

depmod: ERROR: fstatat(5, nvidia.ko): No such file or directory

LiberELEC (officical): 9.95.2

[19128.774784] [1708]: Failed to unmount /flash: Device or resurce busy

[19128.775458] systemd-shutdown[1]: Failed to finalize file systems, loop devices, ignoring.

Only usb device device plugged into my system is an IR receiver for an Air Mouse

My device is a Shuttle XH97v with an i7-4770S CPU which has built in graphics of Intel HD Graphics 4600 and 8GB of Ram and 2x 2.5 HDDs.

The flash error migh be something to do with the BIOS as under storage it shows

file system /dev/sdc1 Size 511.7M Used 263.1M Available 248.6m use% 51% Mounted on /flash

Thought i'll report it as i've not seen it before, it could be normal.

I have the same issue running the generic x86 build on a intel i3 Shuttle machine.

Change the video calibration once machine is rebooted/powered off and booted back into LibreELEC the video calibration is reverted.

chewitt I have enabled debugging logging and restarted re-created the issue and uploaded the logs to pastebin.com as suggested a couple of post above, Here is the URL

http://ix.io/1arr

Hope this helps.

Hi

I solved the issue myself, I purchased an Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 M2 card for both machines from Amazon and the wireless has been perfect.

On the Shuttle website it shows that these two models WLN-P & WLN-S are the only wireless cards supported for the XH97V and XH81V but that's not true.

I thought I'd update this post for other shuttle users if there having the same issues. At the end of the day Realtek drivers for Linux Sucks!

Please mark this post as solved.

Thanks to everyone that tried to help.

Hi All,

Just to let you know I went ahead an purchased an 8TB. I used gparted live ISO on a usb stick to boot to the gparted software. Created the new GPT Primary partition and formatted the drive with EXT4. Labelled the partition and applied changes. Everything works as expected. Although I lost nearly 1TB once formatting as you lose a bit anyway.

Just thought I'd update the post just in case someone else is thinking about doing this.

Realtek drivers have had problems in Linux OS'es off and on. It can be a lottery at times. So if there is any possibility to use network cables, please do so.

In LibreELEC (as in OpenELEC), there is an option in the Network tab window in the Settings add-on, called "Wait for network". Enable it. PC's can be sometimes too fast during booting LibreELEC.

Uploading Kodi log files via SSH is the quickest and simplest way:
    HOW TO:Provide Logfile - LibreELEC

Also via SSH, supply a dmesg listing via the following command:

Code
    dmesg | pastebinit

And share the URL with us here.

Hiya here is the URL as requested YdCN
    Thanks for having a look
    [hr]

Ethernet cable connects, even when using Realtek nic's, should be far more stable that any wifi connection.

The question for me is: if Kodi 15.2 was/is working fine, why upgrade now? ("If it isn't broken, don't fix it").

I know it would be more stable than wifi

I upgraded as I thought OE was dead and everyone was moving over to LibreELEC. I wanted to upgrade to the latest where the skins have change etc but I do get where your coming from though. Don't really want to go back to OE if I don't have to. I will try the nightly build you suggested once you've had a look at the pastebin URL

Appreciate your help.

Realtek drivers have had problems in Linux OS'es off and on. It can be a lottery at times. So if there is any possibility to use network cables, please do so.

In LibreELEC (as in OpenELEC), there is an option in the Network tab window in the Settings add-on, called "Wait for network". Enable it. PC's can be sometimes too fast during booting LibreELEC.

Uploading Kodi log files via SSH is the quickest and simplest way:
    HOW TO:Provide Logfile - LibreELEC

Also via SSH, supply a dmesg listing via the following command:

Code
    dmesg | pastebinit

And share the URL with us here.

Thanks for the reply, I have the setting "Wait for Network" enable even if set to 60 secs sometime it still doesn't connect and a couple of reboots and then it will connect but for how long is different each time. The Ethernet port on the back of the machine is also Realtek 8111G X1 so I expect I have issues with that as well. Thanks for the link to provide logs I shall do that later today and share it with you.

Thanks for you help
    [hr]

Are you sure it's still stable if you go back to OE with Kodi 15.2?

The thing about wifi is that it can be affected by the environment, ie. a neighbour may have started transmitting on the same wifi channel and your two Realtek devices are simply marginal signal-wise and now lose connection because of the overlapping neighbour. You could try using a different channel, preferably one that is relatively free of other users/neighbours (there'll be an app for that - some sort of wifi-scanner app).

You could try my test builds (based on LE9) as these include slightly updated Realtek drivers, and more recent kernel, but honestly. LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)

Failing that, Powerline/Homeplug works really well...

Thanks for your reply, its defiantly stable with OE with Kodi 15.2, I can go back to that and make sure and maybe then upgrade to OE 16.1 and see if it changes. I was running OE 15.2 for a long time as I was waiting to see when they where to release 16.1 but then realised most of the Devs had gone and created LE so I moved over.

Both machine have DHCP client reservations and I've checked the Wi-Fi and our Wi-Fi is the only one on channel 11 for 2.4GhZ and our Virgin media router doesn't support 5Ghz. One machine is -50dBm and the other is -69dBm so I know its not the signal strength. I've also tested one of the machines at a friends house to rule out the Wi-Fi and it did the same there.

I'll try the test build as well as see if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Hi There

I have two Shuttle machines both have different Realtek wireless cards. However the wireless cards keeps losing/dropping off the network. Both machines are in different locations in the house one is in the same room as the router and the other is upstairs. When they drop of the network (at different times) other wireless devices are fine like laptops, phones etc So I know its not the Wi-Fi itself.

One machine is a Shuttle XH97v

Shuttle Global - XH97V

wireless card is WLN-P - WLAN-ac / Bluetooth Combo Kit (Mini PCI-Express type)

Shuttle Global - WLN-P

Driver is here - WLAN_Realtek_8821AE
    Shuttle Global - WLN-P

The other is a Shuttle XH81V
    Shuttle Global - XH81V/XH81

Wireless card is WLN-S - WLAN Kit for Shuttle Slim PC
    Shuttle Global - WLN-S

Driver here - Wireless_Realtek_RTL8192CE
    Shuttle Global - WLN-S

Both machines have intel i3 4130T with 4 GB of Ram

We were running Openelec with 15.2 version of Kodi which the wireless was stable without dropping out everything worked perfectly. Once you all left OpenElec created LibreELEC I upgraded both machines and it became unstable. Now that the new version is out (LibreELEC Krypton v8.0.1 MR) I was hoping this might get fix but I'm still having issues with it. I don't really want to go back to OpenElec. I found if I reboot the machine a few times it will re-connect. I use Yatse as my remote for my machine on my phone and I can be half way through watching something and then the machine loses it connection and I then can't control the machine unless I plug a mouse into it to reboot it which can be frustrating at times.

How do I provide with logs etc to prove there is a problem with the drivers built into LibreELEC?

Happy to try what you need me to do to resolve this.

Kind Regards
    Greg
    [font]LibreELEC (Krypton) v8.0.1 MR[/font]

Bigger file sizes are not the problem. According to the EXT4 wiki page:

The bigger problem IMO could be the USB controller of your external harddisk enclosure. Full compatibility with Linux should be okay with a good brand disk enclosure, but... there is always that small chance.

Thanks for replying. The HDD is going to be internal. I'm running a Shuttle XH81V (specs on the link below)
    Shuttle United Kingdom - XH81V/XH81
    Just wanted to make sure the HDD will be alright before purchasing it.

Hi All,

I'm looking to buy an 8TB 2.5 HDD for my media player which has LibreElec installed on. I currently have a 2TB drive which has all my media on it and I'm pretty much out of space on. What I would like to know is if I buy an 8TB Drive and create a EXT4 partition, can I have 1 partition with the whole 8TB (not that i'll get the full 8TB).

I know EXT4 will support it but I've not created a Partition bigger than 2TB before using EXT4. I assuming I can use gparted to create the partition and I know it will probably need to be UEFI however this drive is just for storage and not a boot partition.

I have a 30GB msata installed on my motherboard which is the boot partition with LibreElec installed on.

Can some clarify that I can do this before I go an blow £200+ on a bigger HDD

Thanks in advance
    Greg

Hi

Just a suggestion which is really just cosmetic and personal preference. When shutting down LibreElec on the generic x86 build you see a load of services/processes being closed/shutdown. Is it worth having a splash screen of the LibreElec logo or something to hide theses processes being closed/shutdown?

I get a big list run down the side of the TV until my HTPC turns off, I think it would look better with something that would hide those unless you think its helpful to see those processes on shutdown for problem shooting.

What do you think?

Hi All,

Would libreElec work on a MyGica ATV 1200/3200? I'm currently using Ember as it was the only Linux OS i could use instead of the Android OS on the device however it doesn't pick up the internal HDD. I'd rather use a Linux OS as the Android OS is too bloaty and uses a lot of memeory/CPU before even using Kodi. I wondered if LibreElec would work on this device. I believe its a g02ref/STVMX

This is the spec

• ARM CORTEX A9 x 2 Dual Core CPU, frequency 1.5GHz
    • 1GB RAM, 8GB Flash NAND memory
    • Bulit in 2.4 GHz 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi with External Extended Range Antenna
    • USB interface, supports mobile HDD, supports mouse and keyboard operation
    • HDMI Supports 1080i and 1080p Video Playback
    • Supports SD card up to 32GB and 4 USB ports

Many Thanks in Advance
    Greg