"no signal" with xbian kernel on imx

• Maybe this version will fix some issues.

Ah, it's an image file - I don't have a spare SD card and I boot from the internal ROM. Afraid I can't test it for you.
    [hr]

@All of you reading this and having the same issue I would be interested in output from:
    1. dmesg
    2. cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/modes

Thank you all

My dmesg is already posted above. However, I have problems with the two commands you suggest:

Code
    Matrix2:~ # echo "V:1152x864p-75" > /sys/class/graphics/mode
    -sh: can't create /sys/class/graphics/mode: Permission denied
    Matrix2:~ # cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/modes
    cat: can't open '/sys/class/graphics/fb0/modes': No such file or directory

Edited once, last by PeterB (July 12, 2016 at 5:08 PM).

• Ah, it's an image file - I don't have a spare SD card and I boot from the internal ROM. Afraid I can't test it for you.
    [hr]

My dmesg is already posted above. However, I have problems with the two commands you suggest:

Code
    Matrix2:~ # echo "V:1152x864p-75" > /sys/class/graphics/mode
    -sh: can't create /sys/class/graphics/mode: Permission denied
    Matrix2:~ # cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/modes
    cat: can't open '/sys/class/graphics/fb0/modes': No such file or directory

From your dmesg output I can see you are using a "TBS2910 Matrix ARM mini PC" with Linux kernel 4.4.8+rt13.
    Did you install generic image?
    For me it looks like it doesn't initialize the framebuffer (fb0) device. Therefore these commands don't work.
    [hr]

Maybe this version will fix some issues.

Sadly for me this image does not fix the "no signal" bug...

dmesg: UcSe
    kodi.log: SiUb

And still when changing resolution on commandline to "V:1152x864p-75" my projector reports 1156x864

Edited once, last by m.hueske (July 12, 2016 at 8:16 PM).

• From your dmesg output I can see you are using a "TBS2910 Matrix ARM mini PC" with Linux kernel 4.4.8+rt13.
    Did you install generic image?
    For me it looks like it doesn't initialize the framebuffer (fb0) device. Therefore these commands don't work.

I used LibreELEC-imx6.arm-7.0.2.tar to upgrade from a running OpenELEC v6.0.3 environment.

For the time being, I have left my other Matrix on OE v6.0.3, but this means that I'm now running with two different databases hosted on my server, with Raspberry Pis on LE7 and Matrixs (Matrices?) on OE6.

• dmesg JDgF
    kodi log hcAO

same issue with black screen.
    after 2 reboot i got kind of screen. it go off and on.
    when tried to access the system settings it always reboots(same behaviour like le 7.0.1/2).

hope it help

• Hi,

Well I met bizarre behavior anyway. With version 7.0.2 on a blank SD card (new, never used).

- First start OK, I had the display, I was able to set options ...
    - Then after several adjustments and other addons to download, after a reboot nothing ... No video startup Kodi

- I leave with nothing, I format my SD card and first startup problem. The resize the partiton storage it is done, but the start was not successful, the display is blocked on the logo LE

- I reformat my SD card still paying attention to well remove the MBR
    - And this time, the storage partition resize failed ... Still stuck on the logo LE

- The take another SD card, this time no problem, I restored backups and then I wanted to do a complete reset in the option panel LE. The reset begins, and there Cubox reboot my problem, it gets stuck on the LE logo yet ... The strangest part is that there are no files (even hidden) in my storage partition. Just the lost + found folder ...

I have not finished my various tests. Sorry for my English which is approximately ...

Well I just saw that my internal SD card reader is dead, so my problems may perhaps come from there ...

Thx

Edited once, last by thelinuxfr (July 19, 2016 at 8:28 PM).

• Does this relate at all to the "SH: can't access tty job" error I'm getting at boot time whenever I try to switch to LE?

I've tried both a fresh image write and an upgrade tar from OE > LE, but both then give the above error when booting.

Cubox i4Pro - Samsung 55" 1080p TV.

Edited once, last by stevellion (August 4, 2016 at 12:44 PM).

• Have people tried the new alpha imx6 builds?
    Does it fix the resolution and CEC issues?

I ordered new 8gb sdcard for testing (dont have it yet) before I change from the latest OE beta on my cubox-i4pro.

Edit:
    Tested on the new sdcard with fresh install of the latest alpha and seems that the resolution and cec issues are fixed.
    Although the resolution was first 720p/50hz and it started probing for other resolutions on start up -> tried to switch to something but it was black screen with the question window "Save this?".
    Pressed cancel and changed the resolution 1080p/60hz from the settings.
    Now importing video library.
    Thanks for the devs!!!!

Edited once, last by leripe (August 10, 2016 at 3:40 PM).

• Tested on the new sdcard with fresh install of the latest alpha and seems that the resolution and cec issues are fixed.

7.90.004 still seems to fail on TBS2910 (Matrix).

The Kodi Log ends with:

Code
    03:39:34  74.064835 T:1961902656   ERROR: InitWindowSystem: Could not initialize
    03:39:34  74.064949 T:1961902656   FATAL: CApplication::Create: Unable to init windowing system

• 7.90.004 still seems to fail on TBS2910 (Matrix).

Because I didn't touch this system for some time now. Believe or not but this is not my only thing to do in spare time for free. When I will have more I will fix matrix and udoo systems.

Edited once, last by vpeter (August 12, 2016 at 10:45 AM).