[SOLVED] 7.0.2.007 (s905) WIFI Working then Shuts Down. MiniM8sPro & other Devices

• I have it working on SD but haven't tried with new device tree for the fix for wifi. I also have a MAC. What's the worse that can happen if I mess it up because that sounds very confusing I've never ssh before.....

What is that s805 at the bottom of your post ?
    Make sure you are using correct chip.
    Exactly what box are you using ?

If you are on a Mac it is the easiest.

It is not confusing. You Must have a working SD Card LE Install. No If's or Maybe's. It has to be working including WIFI.

If your Mac and Box are on the SAME HOME NETWORK using terminal application to issue commands to your box is easy.

You are basically issuing commands to access the box first then you are issuing commands to write the LE version from your SD Card to Internal memory. That is all you are doing.

Working SD Card version first please.

Let me know if you need more help.

• kostaman: are you using K1 Plus ? and also are you using 007 latest dev build dated 13.09 ?
    If yes dont you have Audio stuttering issues ?
    I would also like to fix my Wifi problem. I will try as you advised, if unsuccessful, will you help me do it the right way pls ?

Thanks in Advance.

• kostaman: are you using K1 Plus ?

My Box is the MiniM8sPro and Tested on A95X S905 1g/8g
    Both Worked using SSH using a FULLY WORKING SD Card Install.
    I dont have the K1 but check device trees. device_trees
    Realtek Fix Device Trees 1g or 2g ram 100 or 1Gigabit ethernet. to fix wifi.
    I run simple HDMI to TV so no audio issues noticed so far.
    Hope that is what you're asking for ?

Edited once, last by kostaman (September 15, 2016 at 10:49 AM).

• My Box is the MiniM8sPro and Tested on A95X S905 1g/8g
    Both Worked using SSH using a FULLY WORKING SD Card Install.
    I dont have the K1 but check device trees. device_trees
    Realtek Fix Device Trees 1g or 2g ram 100 or 1Gigabit ethernet. to fix wifi.
    I run simple HDMI to TV so no audio issues noticed so far.
    Hope that is what you're asking for ?

I asked you have you tried latest development build dated 13.09.2016. in that build i experience video is not smooth no matter which source because audio is sluggish and at first i thought it is a network related issue, but after trying several sources, i cam to know it has got to do with this new build.
    Regarding SSH method, can you write down the steps for me pls if possible with pics also ? A pic can express thousand words.
    How did you copy the realtek dtb file onto SD / Nand File system ? is it after installation or before ? or in which folder ? it is not clear for me.

Can you break those steps for me pls ? i have 007 on Nand, now SD card is refusing to boot up, i dont know why... Can you tell me how you prepared the LE SD card ? is it as per the Kszaq procedure on 1st page ?

I am waiting for your reply. Thanks.
    [hr]
    kostaman: i tried and did SSH installation without problem. it is very easy.
    Anyway, thanks for your time in helping me.
    Can you Answer my other Queries from previous post ?

Edited once, last by plikmuny (September 15, 2016 at 1:19 PM).

• I asked you have you tried latest development build dated 13.09.2016.

I don't know what this latest development dated version is ?
    I am using 7.0.2.007 build (2016-09-07)

Regarding SSH method, can you write down the steps for me pls if possible with pics also ?

I am a Mac User so Terminal Application is part of my Operating System which i used and explained steps
    post #19. Windows PC is only used by me when Amlogic Tools are required and the rest of it i have no idea. Sorry.

i have 007 on Nand, now SD card is refusing to boot up, i dont know why.

You say you have installed .007 (still no idea what that dev build 13.09.2016 is) on Nand Internal Memory so what is it you are trying to do with the SD Card if you already have LE installed ?.

How did you copy the realtek dtb file onto SD / Nand File system ? is it after installation or before ? or in which folder ? it is not clear for me.

I installed fresh Android Factory ROM. Then i installed SD Card LE Version 7.0.2.007 build (2016-09-07)
    Following kszaq instructions. I had to use the realtek wifi fix dtb : Downloaded the realtek wifi fix dtb renamed it to dtb.img and copied it to main folder of SD card - replaced the one on the SD Card that was on there AFTER burning the image. When you burn the image to SD Card there is a dtb.img on the card. You replace it with your device tree that you renamed dtb.img.
    I tested and ran the SD Card LE version to make sure everything worked.
    Then and ONLY then did i use SSH To install to NAND Internal memory.
    I hope this makes it clearer on my procedure.

• he means this

2016-09-13-devel

This is obviously a DEV Build kszaq gave the link to test an issue with one or more boxes with an issue.
    I have not needed to use it or was it explained to me what this build was aiming to fix and what box or boxes should try it.
    Thanks for explaining what plikmuny is using.
    That question Directly relating to that Dev Build must be addressed to those trying it.
    I don't have the K1 and my box is not affected by the issues.
    A lot of things going on there. ;)
    [hr]

kostaman: i tried and did SSH installation without problem. it is very easy.
    Anyway, thanks for your time in helping me.
    Can you Answer my other Queries from previous post ?

You're welcome.
    I think i have answered all i could right ?
    Cheers

Edited once, last by kostaman (September 15, 2016 at 2:10 PM).

• u had instruction on what to do to install ssh early.... wifi works with new device tree. but still can't turn on box with remote after turing it off and when streaming 1080p herts drop to 24. can u repost on how to ssh

edit: i got it too install to nand thank!!!

Edited once, last by Smilez (September 15, 2016 at 7:08 PM).

• Ok so i read through this whole post as im having the same wifi issues on my MXQ Pro 4K using the 007 build.

Now to fix this, do i follow your instructions kostaman with the "Realtek Wifi" dtb file or do i use the MXQ Pro dtb in the above device tree link? Also, does this mean ill have to do a complete fresh install?

Thanks for your help!

• still can't turn on box with remote after turing it off and when streaming 1080p herts drop to 24.

Smilez
    I still don't know which box you are running ?
    If your box is not powering up from remote i am guessing you have a NEXBOX A95X S905 ?
    If this is your box then that is as good as you're going to get due to bad U-BOOT which these builds do not replace.

You have adjust refresh rate turned on to match movie in your Kodi settings. This is normal for High Def 180p 24HZ movies played on your box.
    It will change from whatever you have your GUI set at. It will change the Hertz to whatever the stream/movie is that you are playing.

• On my T95N - S905 - 1G/8G box I have tried

gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb

This has the same behaviour as other dtbs. WiFi connects then fails after a few seconds of playback/data transfer.

• On my T95N - S905 - 1G/8G box I have tried

gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb

This has the same behaviour as other dtbs. WiFi connects then fails after a few seconds of playback/data transfer.

If you are running LE Nand Internal Memory ? it wont work.
    Changing the device tree from a previous NON WORKING device tree does not stick.
    Read #7
    I had to do a fresh Android install then working LE SD card install then SSH to install to nand.

• If you are running LE Nand Internal Memory ? it wont work.
    Changing the device tree from a previous NON WORKING device tree does not stick.
    Read #7
    I had to do a fresh Android install then working LE SD card install then SSH to install to nand.

I should have mentioned, this is an SD installation. Not NAND.

• I should have mentioned, this is an SD installation. Not NAND.

You will have to check with kszaq on that 1gb wifi fix device tree.
    I have a 2gb box with the 2gb wifi fix tree so there is a difference.
    Having said that, the 1gb wifi fix device tree fixed the wifi for a NEXBOX A95X 1gb/8gb.
    Sorry that is all i can tell you with the boxes i have tried.