Posts by CarbonChris

Happy to report that this latest 007 build on my MXQ Pro is working very well! Wifi was an issue prior to the fix being corrected, and now its purring like a kitten. =)

Quick question however, is there an advantage to keeping the install on SD card as opposed to NAND?

My uptime is 11 days, 20h and I'm at 52% memory used (389MB out of 742MB). Running 7.0.2.003 on A95X with S905 and 1GB RAM.
    [hr]

Did you look in the My Apps section in Android? It should be there. Mine was called Update and Backup. I have the same mxq pro 4k v1 box as you and had to use the Update and Backup app to get it to load the script. I could probably try to find the apk for it if you need it.

Huh..interesting... ill have another look tonight when i get home, but if you can point me towards an APK that would be great as well! Thanks again
    [hr]

If its the blue board with the date 1511 then you can use hugsun_s905_mxq_20160304.img.

Do a google search and you should be able to find it, you will need the usb burning tool

thanks man! ill give this a shot..

Hey everyone... new to this forum! I came here through a link from the amlinuxmedia.com which was from an openelec thread for my mxq pro 4k box which i have openelec installed. Although the functionality of it works pretty good, i have been experiencing freezing from time to time, especially when quickly navigating through movie and show menues and especiay through 3rd party addon menus. Im reading this probably has more to do with memory usage issues.

Now a friend also has had some experience with libre and recommended it as he says that its more routinely developed so i thought id give this a shot.

With all of this asaid, i tried the SD card method and was unable to as there is no "toothpick" method availabe for my box and the only way to reboot into recovery is through ADB. However, when I do this, it goes into that android recovery screen and doesnt "see" or read any filed contained within the card. There some mention on this thread about using BACKUP&RESTORE app, but i dont seem to have this? Am i missing something?

Any help would be infinitely appreciated! :)

Chris