[SOLVED] 7.0.2.007 (s905) WIFI Working then Shuts Down. MiniM8sPro & other Devices

• LE 7.0.2.007
    Started this thread due to a bug when using Wifi on certain devices.
    The issue is that wifi starts off normal but when it is called upon to stream or download it turns off.
    This in turn causes the box to lock up and freeze and only unplugging power will restart the box.
    Below are some links of the reports of the issue.

I have tested the MiniM8S Pro & Nexbox A95x 1gb/8gb
    Full run down of the issue.
    LibreELEC
    Other members below links
    MXQ Pro
    LibreELEC
    T95N box - S905 - 1GB/8GB
    LibreELEC
    MiniM8S Pro & Nexbox A95x 1gb/8gb

Try and be as precise as possible with the details of your Box as some of these
    boxes have very similar to almost the same name.

Edited once, last by kostaman (September 14, 2016 at 8:17 AM).

• kostaman Thank you for a complete report. Can you tell whether WiFi used to work on any pre-006 version - i.e. before kernel update?

I was pretty sure it did BUT for the sake of being 100% sure i wiped and installed
    fresh Android on the MiniM8sPro 2g / 8g
    and then SD card LE 005.
    I can now confirm WIFI was definitely working perfect on the .005 build
    WIFI rtl8723bs
    [hr]

Remote will turn the box off but won't turn it back on.

Confirming same on off issue. That is contributed by Bad U-BOOT from Nexteon.
    Not a bug from kszaq build.

Edited once, last by kostaman (September 11, 2016 at 4:51 AM).

• I have had this problem all the way up until .007 with an mk808b pro, after a while all menus would lag and it appeared my network had been disconnected, requiring a reboot.

For me the problem was with the .dtb, as the mk808b pro only has Amlogic images and thus I had to test all of them to find a working one. It seems very sensitive, even to the point where one dtb would not allow me to install an update as it would fail during install (possible corruption?).

The only one that works fully and stops this problem with my device is the k1 plus version, an easy way to test if it's working correctly is to network into the box and transfer a file over 100mb, it will soon crash around 20mb if not.

I would highly recommend people who are having crashes to do the same, I think there are more people with this issue who simply havent reported it.

Edit: Maybe relevant, I mentioned in my post about a dtb which would not allow me to flash an update, in my testing from 006 to 007 I did flash a dtb which had no wifi on 006, yet when it updated to 007 it did.

Edited once, last by ididmytime (September 11, 2016 at 9:03 AM).

• kostaman Can you please try again - preferrably with a clean SD install - .007 and either k1_plus or k2_pro (for 2GB RAM) device tree?

MiniM8s Pro 2g/8g used to test.
    I have already gone back to NAND on device. Sorry about that.

Okay i have used the below device trees on NAND install.

k1_plus no wifi at all. No networks showing. Ethernet works.

k2_pro wifi showing but again starts ok then slows and then nothing.

Please note that trying toothpick recovery using both above trees results in frozen boot up logo .
    Normal cold boot it boots up.

EDIT : I need to correct the fact i did not do the correct procedure for swapping the device tree to K2_pro.
    I previously re named the k2pro to dtb.img and replaced the one on sd card. WRONG.

I have now put the original dtb.img with the recovery.img on sd card.
    I have also put the k2_pro on the sd card after renaming it to ledtb.img which is what i should have done before.
    Toothpicked into recovery and waited for install (little android robot) and the box rebooted.

Unlike the Successfull SD card test where the wifi was fixed using the k2_pro device tree.
    The NAND install of the k2_pro device tree Failed to fix the wifi shutting down.

EDIT: I have done a hard reset and toothpicked recovery. Again wifi shuts off.

BUT I JUST NOTICED THE USB PORT THAT DOESNT WORK USING SD CARD INSTALL IS WORKING IN NAND.
    Is it possible the device tree k2_pro has not stuck in this installation ?

EDIT: I now did Fresh install of Android. Then i toothpicked with the same corrected k2_pro letb.img
    and the box is stuck on boot logo. So my theory is correct. The k2_pro device tree did not stick or to say install
    in my previous attempt when i corrected my error of not naming to ledtb.img.

My summary is regarding NAND install. If you have a working device tree with a bug (eg wifi) and you just swap with another device tree to test it wont have installed.
    You may think it did because it booted but it has not.
    The only way to install another device tree is to go back to stock Android and re install.
    I learnt this because of the USB port was still alive after thinking i installed the k2 _pro over the existing t95n tree which has the wifi off issue.
    I knew the k2_pro install on SD card fixed the Wifi but no usb recognised in the one port.
    The NAND install USB port was working.
    The wifi shut off was still happening as well which was the bug in the existing device tree.
    Stuck on boot logo is where i am now.

Flashed stock Android again. Ready to try a fresh NAND Card Install.

Very confusing but i put it out there in case i have missed something.

Edited once, last by kostaman (September 14, 2016 at 8:33 AM).

• I can do a fresh install of android and do a fresh sd .007 if you believe there will be a different result ?

MiniM8s Pro 2g/8g

I have now gone fresh install Android and Fresh SD Card .007

k2 pro Device tree used as k1_plus Freezes on bootup logo.
    Clean install sd card .007
    I have Lost SIDE USB port. Back USB port works
    I have working wifi and ran speedtest add-on 3 times SUCCESSFULLY
    Streamed movies high def 5 minutes cached 78mb and climbing. WORKS
    Ethernet WORKS
    Total Memory 1819
    Free Memory 1554
    Well done kszaq and thanks to ididmytime for feedback on your testing. Thanks Smilez also for
    feedback.
    This is now fixed for SD Card Install except for one USB Port no longer recognised.

All Fixed Please see link : LibreELEC

Edited once, last by kostaman (September 13, 2016 at 10:15 AM).

• kostaman Thank you for a complete report. Can you tell whether WiFi used to work on any pre-006 version - i.e. before kernel update?

Hi kszaq,

this is also happening on the 006 versions. Wifi fine at start, when you do a file transfer or stream Wifi shutsdown. Currently still running 005.

The box I use is a NexBox A95X 1GB/8GB

• How do you install ssh way??

Recommended way: run LE from SD card first. If it runs fine, connect to your box over SSH, execute installtointernal command and follow on-screen instructions. This command wipes SYSTEM and DATA partition!
    Make sure SD card LE all works.

Whilst running LE go to System information and copy your ip address for your box example 192.168.0.29
    Open Terminal Application on a Mac (Sorry i dont use Windows PC) and type
    ssh [email protected] hit enter the password is libreelec and follow the prompts

ssh login is root password: libreelec

• Recommended way: run LE from SD card first. If it runs fine, connect to your box over SSH, execute installtointernal command and follow on-screen instructions. This command wipes SYSTEM and DATA partition!
    Make sure SD card LE all works.

Whilst running LE go to System information and copy your ip address for your box example 192.168.0.29
    Open Terminal Application on a Mac (Sorry i dont use Windows PC) and type
    ssh [email protected] hit enter the password is libreelec and follow the prompts

ssh login is root password: libreelec

I have it working on SD but haven't tried with new device tree for the fix for wifi. I also have a MAC. What's the worse that can happen if I mess it up because that sounds very confusing I've never ssh before.....