[S812] MIII Plus 2Gb\16Gb eMMC

• Hi balbes50,

I would just like to thank you for your work on this release, it really is appreciated!

I have a MXIII-G 2/8 with Android 5, I thought I was going to have to get a new box if I wanted to run Kodi 17 but you have made it possible !

A couple of small questions....

I dont want to install to internal as having Android is useful, I’m happy to boot from SD, however is it possible to “reboot from NAND” as in kszaq’s build for the 90x boxes...

Also I cant seem to get the box to suspend it only seems to want to power off, is this normal or is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks again.

• itsmeedoofer Kodi 17 Krypton already runs on lollipop and above.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Its runs yes, but 17 introduces a whole load of audio pass through issues because the Kodi Devs are strictly following the Android audio API in 17.... Also for whatever reason auto refresh rate switching gets broken again with 17... All in all far too much grief..

I have been using SPMC, however Koying is reluctant to move to 17.... Hence me looking for alternatives...

I’m already using LibreElec (7) on a S905X box and to be fair it wipes the floor with Andriod, if I can sort out the standby issue on the S812 I’ll make the move...

• Will your build works with it?

You can check yourself. Start from external media may not change how the internal memory (firmware). If not appropriate, just shut off external media with this version of the LE and use the same system.
    [hr]

1. Reboot in NAND previously worked, I'll check.
    2. These regimes essentially depend on the firmware and settings of the kernel and dtb. You need to have the same model, is to find a solution.

• Currently running LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-8.0.2.tar. Any difference from LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000.arm-8.0.2.tar?

Edited once, last by 7up (March 28, 2017 at 4:24 PM).

• Hi balbes150,

Thanks for replying.

I didnt see the option to reboot from NAND in the shutdown menu, should it be there ?

With Android the box will go into suspend, so I think it should be possible, is there anything I can provide to confirm if it is possible ?

Best Regards,

• Image LE model S812 S802. Make on the basis of two GIT drieschel and kszaq , with some additions and changes. To use you must activate universal multiboot (after burning the image to SD card use toothpick method on a TV console). After a one-time activation universal multi-boot with TV box, you can use the images recorded on USB media. To use the TV box still images OE LE (with old multi-boot option), it is enough to copy to the FAT partition of those drives, file script s805_autoscript .

Yandex.Disk

The branch with the source code for the Assembly.
    GitHub - 150balbes/LibreELEC.tv: 'Just enough OS' for Kodi

Scripts for LE.
    Amlogic_s905/script/S805/LIBREELEC at master · 150balbes/Amlogic_s905 · GitHub

Add image Jarvis
    Add image Krypton

balbes150 I download the latest Krypton image and tar file then used SDFormatter V4.0 to format SD card extracted zip using winrar then burned image onto SD card using Win32Diskimager then removed aml_autoscript as instructed put toothpick in reset device tried releasing when logo S812 appears and holding longer untill it goes into android recovery then install from zip file and then the error comes up.Am i doing anything incorrectly?I used the same technique using Artemis image on T8 AML V2 S802 and that works well.This device is a T8 AML V3 S812 attached again is the error pic.

• [hr]

Try image labeling M8S. There are changes for WiFi and BT. Not the fact that will work, but there is a chance.

Had a go, boots ok, Wireless doesnt even appear as an option to turn on in Librelec settings, bluetooth also doesnt work if turned on, and wired network fails to obtain an ip from dhcp (due to the different lan chipset obviously)

• Image LE model S812 S802. Make on the basis of two GIT drieschel and kszaq , with some additions and changes. To use you must activate universal multiboot (after burning the image to SD card use toothpick method on a TV console). After a one-time activation universal multi-boot with TV box, you can use the images recorded on USB media. To use the TV box still images OE LE (with old multi-boot option), it is enough to copy to the FAT partition of those drives, file script s805_autoscript .

Yandex.Disk

The branch with the source code for the Assembly.
    GitHub - 150balbes/LibreELEC.tv: 'Just enough OS' for Kodi

Scripts for LE.
    Amlogic_s905/script/S805/LIBREELEC at master · 150balbes/Amlogic_s905 · GitHub

Add image Jarvis
    Add image Krypton

@blabes150 thank you for responding i kept the aml_autoscript in this time(i get you now keep in the file and if goes to boot loop after inital first time use remove) and recieced this error report device T8 AML V2 S812 best regards sir you and all the devs total respect, picture of error report attached.

• thank you for responding i kept the aml_autoscript in this time(i get you now keep in the file and if goes to boot loop after inital first time use remove) and recieced this error report device T8 AML V2 S812 best regards sir you and all the devs total respect, picture of error report attached.

Multiboot you have now been activated. Try to write the image to a USB flash drive and run from it (activate multiboot NO longer need, You already have it enabled).

Had a go, boots ok, Wireless doesnt even appear as an option to turn on in Librelec settings, bluetooth also doesnt work if turned on, and wired network fails to obtain an ip from dhcp (due to the different lan chipset obviously)

Yet I have no options. If You are familiar with Linux, you can run Armbian and there to run all the tests to find a working configuration. Then it can be transferred to the LE.

• Hello.
    How can i check that multiboot is enabled? When i insert SD card or USB stick device boots to libreelec error message.
    How can i activate multiboot in the image and the box?
    Which device tree do i have to choose for MBOX S83B S802 2/8 GB?
    Thanks a lot.

• LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-8.0.2.img (22.3.)

I only put it on the USB stick with Rufus.
    Stick:
    aml_autoscript
    aml_autoscript zip
    boot
    dtb
    install.sh
    kernel
    kernel.img.md5
    s805_autoscript
    SYSTEM
    SYSTEM.md5

I did not copy a file to the device memory.

Error:
    Error in prepare_sysroot. mount_common. Could not mount /dev/SYSTEM
    Starting debugging shell... type exit to quit
    Cant access tty; job control turned off

I tried Drieschels image, too:

LibreELEC-S802.S82.arm-8.0.0-2-alpha-devel.img.gz

SD Card:
    kernel
    kernel.img.md5
    system
    system.md5

cp: can´t stat ´/flash/system´: No such file or directory
    ***Error in prepare_sysroot: mount_common: Could not mount /dev/System ***
    ### Starting debugging shell... type exit to quit ###
    sh: can´t access tty: job control turned off
    #_

And the image of Demetris:
    LibreELEC-S802.S82.arm-7.0.3.img

SD card:
    kernel (img)
    kernel.img.md5
    SYSTEM
    SYSTEM.md5

Error:
    cp: cant stat ´/flash/SYSTEM´: No such file or directory
    Error in prepare_sysroot: mount_dommon: Could not mount /dev/SYSTEM
    ### Starting debugging shell... type exit to quit ###
    sh: can´t access tty: job control turned off
    #_

THANKS

Edited once, last by anavrin (March 29, 2017 at 6:51 PM).

• Box has 2 USB Ports. Same result: Error.
    The box use to show the start picture of the Finless Bob Rom for nearly 15 seconds while reading the usb stick. After that libreelec picture is shown with error.
    Used your image LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-8.0.2.img (22.3.).

Do i have to copy any files to the internal memory?