[S812] MIII Plus 2Gb\16Gb eMMC

• As far as I know you have to modify u-boot for S8xx devices to support a separate dtb file. Or boot using  booti but then you'll be only able to boot from SD card.

• Updated image 20170322 for MXIII_Plus and compatible models. Images for the other options can come later. To complete verification, the principles of dtb remain the same (because of the probability of the lack of necessary support in the firmware of other models).

As far as I know you have to modify u-boot for S8xx devices to support a separate dtb file. Or boot using booti but then you'll be only able to boot from SD card.

U-boot S812 (tronsmart MXIII_Plus it is exactly) there are teams that can use for individual download dtb data. But the main problem is that there is no command that allows to record these data separately from the image "boot.img". As I understand it, the teams separate read dtb, take the data from the image. Maybe I'm wrong, but the team booti is used for aarch64 and s812 it is not in u-boot. The command bootm works well with split data (kernel \ initrd \ dtb). I'm using it in production systems with Linux s812\802\805. By the way, I obnovil images Armbian for s812. Those interested can try them. The details are here.

Armbian for Amlogic S802/S812 - Page 2 - Amlogic - Armbian forum

p.s.
    There is a solution to the problem with the lack of a separate team entry dtb. If you add in the composition of the image LE utility (e.g. mkbootimg or similar), which will allow you to collect "boot.img" from a running system (before you capture the image in the internal memory) of the current kernel and the correct dtb with which the system was able to boot from external media. On Armbian I've checked in the manual mode it works (don't have time to automate this process a script).

• Test version LAN1000 (Test\20170324). Contrast MXIII_Plus in the Appendix the basic data for dtb s802\s812 and another set of files for WiFi and BT. Please to those who will test - write which model and that of iron works or does not work.

Anything for bcm4335?

• Hello,

Will this delete android (nand flash)?:
    "Indeed only the kernel and system files should be copied to the update folder of libreelec."

I try to get Libreelec on my box:
    Mbox S83B V2.2 S802B/A P6330/ 2/16GB Mali 450.

Can´t find a working image or files are missing. Tried all of Drieschel and Demetris. All showing "Filesystem corruption detected" or "Read-only filesystem".
    I never used a device tree file or remote conf file.

Tried 4 SD cards and a SD card reader on both USB. Without success.
    Should i or is my box exotic cause of the S83B?

Thank you.

• Anything for bcm4335?

I hope that next week will be a test version with this chip.

Will this delete android (nand flash)?:

When running from external media , the firmware in the internal memory remains unchanged. Note that to run my image, you need to activate the multi-boot from that image. This error happens when you don't have the same version of multi-boot and the settings in the image LE. As You activate the multiboot ?

• Balbes150 first thanks for your contribution to the LE community. Do you happen to have a S812 update.tar for a Lan100 unit with the latest KRYPTON built on it? If you do, can you point me to it and also the github source code please. I want to move this unit from OE to LE. Plus I will like to compile from source as well.
    Thank you.

Edited once, last by node (March 26, 2017 at 7:12 PM).

• Hey balbes50, thanks for all your hard work on this. Works perfect on MXIII-G 2/8GB. :D

Just wondering if you plan to release version with Kodi 17.1 Final as opposed to the RC

• Image LE model S812 S802. Make on the basis of two GIT drieschel and kszaq , with some additions and changes. To use you must activate universal multiboot (after burning the image to SD card use toothpick method on a TV console). After a one-time activation universal multi-boot with TV box, you can use the images recorded on USB media. To use the TV box still images OE LE (with old multi-boot option), it is enough to copy to the FAT partition of those drives, file script s805_autoscript .

Yandex.Disk

The branch with the source code for the Assembly.
    GitHub - 150balbes/LibreELEC.tv: 'Just enough OS' for Kodi

Scripts for LE.
    Amlogic_s905/script/S805/LIBREELEC at master · 150balbes/Amlogic_s905 · GitHub

Add image Jarvis
    Add image Krypton

Used latest image in T8 AML V2 S812 re,oved aml script as instructed and used used toothpick method and encountered this any ideas?

• I put together a new version of the test image LAN1000 20170326. Please check this option on the subject of the work WiFi. In the coming days, I hope to get another test image for Minix.

Loaded up on a new usb drive, no wifi, no bluetooth, otherwise seems to run great. This one shows my CPU id and temp correctly which I dont get on the 170301

Edit: Temp now shows but as 0' where previously it had no reading. This is running much smoother for me, but that might be the different flash drive..

Edited once, last by axiste (March 28, 2017 at 3:01 AM).

• Hey balbes50, thanks for all your hard work on this. Works perfect on MXIII-G 2/8GB. :D

Just wondering if you plan to release version with Kodi 17.1 Final as opposed to the RC

It is now possible to have a part of the image a set of different files for remotes from different models of TV boxes. Just choose that option and rename it on the media in the default name (remote.conf). If you want, what would Your version of the configuration file was part of the image to send it to me, I will add in the next version.
    [hr]

Used latest image in T8 AML V2 S812 re,oved aml script as instructed and used used toothpick method and encountered this any ideas?

Describe in detail the steps You are doing.
    [hr]

Loaded up on a new usb drive, no wifi, no bluetooth,

Try image labeling M8S. There are changes for WiFi and BT. Not the fact that will work, but there is a chance.