[S812] MIII Plus 2Gb\16Gb eMMC

• Can you please update to Leia 18 final version.. waiting since Nov. 2018.

I'm working on it, but it's not fast. Kernel 3.10 is very outdated and the main work is to add support to the main kernel.

• Hi Balbes,

Can you please update to Leia 18 final version.. waiting since Nov. 2018.

Thanks in advance.

Not to take away from the good work that Balbes has done, but have you tried going back to the pure android version?

The biggest reason I started using LE was that the pure android version of Kodi 17.6 had horrible jidder problems when it tried to play a movie at 24FPS and it couldn't change refresh rate of the TV away from 60FPS.

Just a few weeks ago I decided to give Kodi 18.1 a shot because of the fact that S812 has a kernel issue, being stuck at 3.10, which is making it difficult for the developers here to create a 9.0.1 version.

I was stunned to see little or no jidder. There was a tinny amount when the movie started. Then I cranked up "Enable HQ scalers to 90%" and that disappeared.

So now I am happy just running the standard android distro and now I can use android again if I wish.

• I'm working on it, but it's not fast. Kernel 3.10 is very outdated and the main work is to add support to the main kernel.

Thanks Balbes, I will wait until you release the new version.

Thanks Roel, But I have never used AlexELEC. I used Balbes builds since Belbes started to release here - one of the earliest adopter of Belbes releases.

Thanks Kingsombra - I will test android build too but I prefer LibreELEC more compared to Android environment. Lot easy and fast and reliable.