7.0.2.007 build for S905

• Vodkaneat It will freeze if partition table is different than in device tree. You can try using gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFI device tree, although it might also not work.

kszaq, thanks, I gave it a go, from live USB this dtb also works (LAN & Wifi), I don't really understand how the gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb and gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb can both run my wifi but there you go :) However, installtointeral results in no boot logo and a frozen box.

So gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb at least gave me a boot logo after nand install, but that's as close as I can get lol

If it is partition table related, I can burn V005 back on and provide any info that might help - I've noticed fdisk isn't available, is there anything I can run that might help?
    [hr]

When 005 came out i did a NAND install.

The device wont go into recovery at all, so if i use the NAND install method it just loads to what ever is installed on NAND.

If I use the 005 LIVESD it boots from the SD Card and loads it correctly.
    If I use the 007 LIVESD it sticks at the "bios" / s905 splash.

No recovery will load, whether from NAND, SD or any other method!

Just to reaffirm I've used every single dtb on the website that have been published for 006 and 007!

latic, I found this firmware runs my mxq pro 4k well: download-android-lollipop-5-1-1-stock-firmware-mxq-pro-tv-box-2-4.html

I use the USB Burning tool to put that on and get the box back to factory android. This should get the toothpick method working, or you can use androids firmware update feature to select the zip. As mentioned above, I can't get nand install working with 007, kszaq said it was probably the partition table on this device.

Edited once, last by Vodkaneat (September 18, 2016 at 7:57 PM).

• kszaq, thanks, I gave it a go, from live USB this dtb also works (LAN & Wifi), I don't really understand how the gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb and gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb can both run my wifi but there you go :) However, installtointeral results in no boot logo and a frozen box.

So gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb at least gave me a boot logo after nand install, but that's as close as I can get lol

If it is partition table related, I can burn V005 back on and provide any info that might help - I've noticed fdisk isn't available, is there anything I can run that might help?
    [hr]

latic, I found this firmware runs my mxq pro 4k well: download-android-lollipop-5-1-1-stock-firmware-mxq-pro-tv-box-2-4.html

I use the USB Burning tool to put that on and get the box back to factory android. This should get the toothpick method working, or you can use androids firmware update feature to select the zip. As mentioned above, I can't get nand install working with 007, kszaq said it was probably the partition table on this device.

Without being able to get into recovery I doubt i can use the USB burning tool.

I've had a few people trying to help, however i believe they are having different issues than this box.

The box will not go into recovery using any method.

• Installing to internal will sometimes fail with .006 and .007 if partition table is different from standard Amlogic partition table. At the moment I know no way to provide a universal table in device tree and for these boxes you have to run LE from SD now.

• kszaq, thanks, I'll keep my fingers crossed that a solution may appear ;)

latic, I've found the USB burning tool to be last and best resort many times, if you haven't tried it and found no other method I'd give it a go.

Edited once, last by Vodkaneat (September 18, 2016 at 10:06 PM).

• kszaq, thanks, I'll keep my fingers crossed that a solution may appear ;)

latic, I've found the USB burning tool to be last and best resort many times, if you haven't tried it and found no other method I'd give it a go.

Everything I've read says this relies on being able to get into recovery / android and I can do neither.

• kszaq I converted the KII Pro and MiniMxIII dtb files in your device trees to dts files to compare to the information. I was surprised to see that the KII Pro file was based on the gxb_p200_1g. This seems strange as the KII Pro is a 2G box.

Also, when I went to convert gxbb_p200_1Gbit.dtb to dts - it gave me the error: FATAL ERROR: Blob has incorrect magic number

Before I download your source and attempt to make a KII Pro patch that works on my boxes, I thought I would check with you on what I had discovered.

• Happy to report that this latest 007 build on my MXQ Pro is working very well! Wifi was an issue prior to the fix being corrected, and now its purring like a kitten. =)

Quick question however, is there an advantage to keeping the install on SD card as opposed to NAND?

• So managed to get to the end of my manic MXQ PRO 4k Clone journey.

Hopefully this will help others, and the exact device I had was a Mostfeel v3 4k. The circuit board said it was an MXQ Pro v1.

Originally I had a lot of problems flashing over to 005, IE recovery not working etc. but managed to get 005 flashed to NAND and it worked.

Facts about the box:
    - When you flash libreelec recovery is no longer accessible
    - - Pressing the reset/recovery button will load the AML file, but not go into recovery.
    - OTG port is flakey at best
    - - My device used USB Port 1 for OTG, to get this working was more than a pain in the a$$. I had to completely remove the power cable, continually press the recovery/reset button (which I'm guessing depleted the device of residual power) once the cable was out and then place the USB into port 1 which allowed OTG to work.
    -- When I flashed the working android image (Link below) it showed as a p201 device.

Process to get this working:
    - Once OTG worked I tried several images, all of them worked to install Android, however Libreelec 007 wouldn't flash when they were in place (It would flash and then on the reboot it would sit on a blank screen without going anywhere).
    - I eventually came across this image ( MEGA ) which flashed to the device, this then allowed recovery to be accessed and also 007 to boot from LiveCD.
    - A mistake was then made, I went into recovery and flashed the update. This resulted in a blank screen, however the LIVESD still booted.
    - From the LIVESD I ran installtointernal
    - The box then rebooted, however I didn't take the SD card out and it sat at a blank screen
    - Pulled to SD Card out and rebooted, still a blank screen!
    - Put LiveSD back in and ran installtointernal again, this time as soon as it said rebooting in 10s I pulled the SD card out.
    - The black screen came back, however after around 20 seconds it did boot up!!!

Thanks to akhems  kostaman  Vodkaneat  Nofan Tasi for keeping my supplied with devices and keeping me thinking it could be done!

Special thanks to kszaq for his work on the software which is really helping to unlock these devices and the CPU!

• Happy to report that this latest 007 build on my MXQ Pro is working very well! Wifi was an issue prior to the fix being corrected, and now its purring like a kitten. =)

Quick question however, is there an advantage to keeping the install on SD card as opposed to NAND?

You just never know, you might want Android in the future, for apps like skype?

I think Libreelec runs pretty fast from sd, so why get rid of android?

Just my opinion

;)

• Just an update.
    I was able to get both my Nexbox A95x and MXQ Pro working with .007 using the gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb on an SD card.
    Now to do some testing
    Thanks for the hard work. I also downloaded Ubuntu and installed a VM using virtualbox and was able to compile an image. The instructions on the site werent 100% but they were close enough
    [hr]

Just my opinion

;)
    I would agree

Edited once, last by skyeagle (September 19, 2016 at 11:19 PM).

• So managed to get to the end of my manic MXQ PRO 4k Clone journey.

Congratulations and thanks for story.
    And yes, flashing using USB tool can be daunting. I remember once doing it and trying various orders of plugging in/out USB/power cables and pushing/releasing reset button (on another type of MXQ PRO 4k Clone). In fact I forgot the right order.
    [hr]

Skype? Does your device have a microphone and a camera?

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (September 20, 2016 at 12:11 AM).

• You just never know, you might want Android in the future, for apps like skype?

Just my opinion

;)

I'd like to +1 this. I was so infatuated with getting LE onto NAND I didn't see the wood for the trees ;)

I ditched the USB stick for a class 10 SD and I think it's running faster than the internal NAND anyway, also I have the original Android internally if I need it. It's really a win win but sometimes this needs pointing out by the community - thanks to all :)

• Vodkaneat,

When ya have Libreelec running from the SD do ya control which buttons via the reset button?

Would be cool if we could have a dual boot screen, which I'm guessing with libreelec bootloader will be doable.

Latic

• I have problems to connect the box with RCA connector. I have a adapter for the AV socket with video on the top, than left audio, than right audio and ground at the nearest point to the cable. My TV don't get the signal. Is there a configuration to activate the function in LE or anything else I don't have in mind?