h265 streams stuttering on intel NUC 5CPYH

• Hey everyone,

I have an issue with h265 streams which are all stuttering. I am currently on 9.0.0 and the stuttering didn't happen on the 8.x builds of libreelec.

Do you know what can I do in order to improve the playback of h265 streams?

libreelec is running on the intel nuc 5CPYH which has braswell celeron CPU

Thanks

• OK can do- how do I find a log from video playback? Haven't done that before.

Also, after searching my issue quite a bit I'm concerned my issue with h265 is that the hardware is lacking, and processor is not fast enough for software decoding. Can anyone confirm/deny??

I am on an Intel Nuc 5CPYH.

Thanks

Edited once, last by jmi: More info (May 9, 2019 at 8:50 AM).

• You can check that when you press "O" on your keyboard, this should show you the CPU and RAM usage... for me it did not work with with 9,0,1 so I came back to 8.2.5 where it works pretty fine...

I have NUC 6CAYH with J3455 processor, 2x4GB RAM, even when processor usage is bout 20% I am experiencing stuttering (I am playing over gbit ethernet from my Synology NAS using SAMBA bitrates are pretty small about since my videos are about 1GB / 1 hour movie/TV series).

So for now I am staying with 8.2.5

• So I made and SD card install of new 9.2.2 the problem is still present for some of my TV shows that I stream over samba from my Synology NAS.

I have notice that the video was NOT choppy with 8.2.5

it was using:

Video decoder: ff-mpeg4(sw)

format: yuv420p

interlacing method: yadif=1:-1:1

now with 9.2.2 it is choppy:

Video decoder: ff-mpeg4(sw)

format: yuv420p

interlacing method: unknown

seems that the interlacing method makes the difference...