Posts by krevvy

    Hi, got a head scratcher here...

    I have a SYnology NAS & a Libreelec 10 / Kodi 19 box. (intel NUC)


    All is working OK, however when i originally set it up i just used the standard "admin" account on the synology (not very secure i know!)


    So ive created a new account specific for the kodi on the Synology NAS & disabled the admin account .


    On the Kodi ive gone to sources and edited the credentials, but now when i press browse i get "operation is not permitted"

    I can confirm from another windows PC for example, the credentials work to the share on the NAS


    Ive now just removed ALL network locations on kodi, flushed the smb cache on the synology, restarted both.


    so now i add a NEW network location, ip / share & the new user credentials, but sure enough i get "operation is not permitted"


    So heres the strange thing........... even though all network locations / credentials should of been deleted, if i go to the synology & re-enable the account that i disabled...

    i then click "browse" in Kodi , the new network location (with the new credentials entered) works!

    in the kodi interface there is no mention of the admin/password details, it only has the new credentials... yet it works.


    Is there some cache/bug with changing credentials?



    Thanks!

    hey, just registered here to say I think I have the same issue reported here.

    im totally new to libreelec,

    I have an intel NUC which has been running open elec 8.x for years, has been really stable and no issues with performance however having seen its no longer updated and has potential security issues I thought it best to update and found libreelec..


    so first i tried the upgrade but found performance issues as soon as im playing videos, its like a pc with the wrong graphics driver installed, stuttery and slightly slow...


    so i wiped the nuc and did a fresh install with the latest libreelec, but once again, really stuttery and not enjoyable video playback, im probably going to look at going back to an older build until this is fixed, but just thought id add a +1 to this post and would love to see if there is any solution.