Posts by Molex350

So I made and SD card install of new 9.2.2 the problem is still present for some of my TV shows that I stream over samba from my Synology NAS.

I have notice that the video was NOT choppy with 8.2.5

it was using:

Video decoder: ff-mpeg4(sw)

format: yuv420p

interlacing method: yadif=1:-1:1

now with 9.2.2 it is choppy:

Video decoder: ff-mpeg4(sw)

format: yuv420p

interlacing method: unknown

seems that the interlacing method makes the difference...

I've solved my remote problem of NUC using wake up function via HDMI. When I turn on the TV the NUC stays off, but when I choose HDMI input on TV (only some of inputs are wake capable I believe) the NUC boots up...

You can try to set BIOS in that way and try all the HDMI inputs on your TV, it does not cost anything and could solve your problem :)

You can check that when you press "O" on your keyboard, this should show you the CPU and RAM usage... for me it did not work with with 9,0,1 so I came back to 8.2.5 where it works pretty fine...

I have NUC 6CAYH with J3455 processor, 2x4GB RAM, even when processor usage is bout 20% I am experiencing stuttering (I am playing over gbit ethernet from my Synology NAS using SAMBA bitrates are pretty small about since my videos are about 1GB / 1 hour movie/TV series).

So for now I am staying with 8.2.5

Hello there,

I am quite new to the community. I have purchsed a new Intel NUC Celeron J3455 mini computer. I want to run Libre ELEC on WD SSD Green (basic SSD), I am just worried if Libre ELEC does optimize its filesystem etc. so it does not wear-out the drive to quickly (by some swap file for example). Is there some setting to avoid this? I want my "NUC" to just play videos from my Synology NAS.

Thank you in advance for help.