Posts by jmi

As per the title, occasionally- maybe 1 out of every 50 times, Kodi won't wake from suspend, and seems to have crashed. Nothing displays, will not wake with remote, phone app, keyboard. Yatse app also states not connected to kodi over wifi. Hard reset the only way to resolve.

Normally during suspend the power light on the NUC is orange, however during these crashes it is blue (power on status).

LE 11.0.6, but this issue has happened for the last couple of years at least.

Edit- or perhaps it's something on Kodi side for that forum?

Logs attached, anyone running LE on NUC had this happen?

Thankyou.

I upgraded from LE9 to 11- all from within Kodi using the LE config add-on.

After this I read that this should be done as a clean install, not from within kodi. However my system appears to be working ok.

1. Should I redo my installation 'clean'?

2. Can I clean install, then restore from backup to keep my skin settings, sources, library etc. without reverting to my old 'unclean' installation?

Thankyou

A new Chromium browser is in the works. It needs an add-on sandbox, which takes a while. So don't expect bug fixes for old Chrome.

Any idea of progress on the new browser? And would this only run on LE 10?

Trying to figure out what to do with my LE 9 system, the Chrome volume issue has me stumped.

OK back to square one... Possibly my phone was doing something for the transcoding.

Is anyone able to take a look at the installation for me? (photo in last post).

Also being new to command line: do I need to run/install this script in a specific location in LE, rather than from the downloads folder as I have?

Thank you and sorry for the severe lack of knowledge...

I have not had any success contacting the author of the script.

Try upload bubbleupnp install script to your LE and run it via ssh

OK so I have bumbled through and learned how to run a script via ssh. Turns out it's very basic linux knowledge indeed (for anyone that is intimidated, as I was!).

I ran the script I linked in the first post and it "appears" to be working (in that I can send a local AVI movie to chromecast that would only play the audio before- this is with my NAS disconnected so I know it's not the NAS installation doing the transcoding) . The output is attached after installing.

Yatse reports "unknown BubbleUPnP error" when checking the connection, but it still appears to be working and plays the file. I do not know how to test/confirm.

Am I mistaken or correct in my assessment do you think??

edit: further tests suggest that maybe the hardware is not being used to transcode? I have 2 h.265 test files (from Sample HEVC Video Files) which will play, but with stop/start jittery playback.

I also cannot access the server at [LEipaddress]:58050

For me it's about music- the combo of LE and Yatse is great, along with add-ons for SoundCloud, Bandcamp and my 2 favourite local radio stations here in Aust PBS and triple r. Yatse means no need to turn on the TV or even go in the house to turn on LE, cue music etc. For parties etc can leave a laptop with chorus open and people can choose music.

Have been setting up streaming to a Chromecast recently with bubbleUPnP transcoding, simple cast to an outdoor projector.

Everything just seems possible to achieve with enough time.

I guess Minidlna cannot transcode. You need plex or emby for do it. Try upload bubbleupnp install script to your LE and run it via ssh.

Yes it's the transcoding that I want, streaming works fine when chromecast supports the format.

But I'm afraid even this is beyond my skill level. I have ssh before- is it a simple enough command to run? and where should I put the script in LE?

Also looking at whether I can use emby for transcoding duties only.

Has anyone got a bubbleUPnP server running on LE?

I am keen to do this but don't know how and tbh have very limited Linux knowledge.

I have found this but no idea how to go about implementing. Could anyone help/point me in the right direction?

My end goal is to stream LE to a Chromecast for an outdoor projector/music, via Yatse app, transcoding with bubbleUPnP. LE is running on an intel NUC so I figure this is the best place for the server (Ie better than Nas).

Thankyou