How to make some services use wired network and some wireless?

• I use programs that I only can access by web interface.

My router separates the wired network from the wireless, so this way I can't access a program in my smartphone if LibreELEC are in wired network. But wired network is much fast than wireless (Even more that Raspberry 3b does not support 5 GHz).

Theres a way I can put LibreELEC in wired and wireless network? Wired to download files more fast (torrent client) and wireless to acess this another programs in my smarthphone. It's possible?

Thanks!

• Please explain the network configuration in more detail. Which device is connected to which, and what is the function of the LE/HTPC box?

I use Sonarr, Radarr and Transmission in my LibreELEC. To manager them I use my PC and smartphone.

Raspberry Pi 3b (LibreELEC), my PC and smartphone are connected in wireless network.

My router separate the wireless network from wired network, so If I put LibreELEC in wired I can't access it (using SSH) by my PC or smartphone, the same for the services described (that are connected in wireless).

I want to put Transmission in wired network, but keep Radarr and Sonarr in wireless, for I can access it by my smartphone.

This is possible?

• In my experience routers that provide isolation between wired and wireless devices in this way cause more problems than they solve. It can prevent all kinds of things from working, including app control of wired devices. Another related problem is that device discovery fails to work properly if multicast packets can't get from one part of the network to another. Unless you really need to restrict things in this way I would start with a better router.

• In my experience routers that provide isolation between wired and wireless devices in this way cause more problems than they solve. It can prevent all kinds of things from working, including app control of wired devices. Another related problem is that device discovery fails to work properly if multicast packets can't get from one part of the network to another. Unless you really need to restrict things in this way I would start with a better router.

Understand!

My router is this ONU AN5506-04-FA. Is provided by internet provider. I don't want to buy another because people here (in my house) will question for what I need 2 routers... that this will only spend more energy ^^.

• If I enable wired and wireless network in LibreELEC, what happens?

I think it will only use one of them (not sure which though - I don't have that hardware).

I found this...

External Content gist.github.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It says it's a list of pages for the router settings that are not gennerally accessible. You may find a page to allow devices on Wireless and Wired parts of the router to talk to each other.

• It's possible to have multiple NIC's active in LE, e.g. Ethernet and WiFi at the same time and connman (the connection manager) has a preference for the default route (internet access) to be handled over Ethernet if both interfaces are active - traffic will route via the better connection. You should be able to simply access the GUI of installed add-on apps via either active interface as long as the apps are configured to listen on all local interfaces, i.e. do not have their comms bound to a single interface. If that's not the case you'll have to make a feature request to whoever created the apps; it wasn't LE team because we have always refused to provide those "dual-use" tools associated with piracy.

• I use programs that I only can access by web interface.

My router separates the wired network from the wireless, so this way I can't access a program in my smartphone if LibreELEC are in wired network. But wired network is much fast than wireless (Even more that Raspberry 3b does not support 5 GHz).

Theres a way I can put LibreELEC in wired and wireless network? Wired to download files more fast (torrent client) and wireless to acess this another programs in my smarthphone. It's possible?

Thanks!

Yes you can I am doing this in my case but do it like these steps:

1- connect the LAN cable in Ethernet port.

2- check the ip address is it DHCP or static and make sure it's taking IP address from router or you can add it statically and I preferred to not add a DNS address because don't want to make conflict with wireless.

3- then you will notice that you lost wireless connection,..don't worry just turn off the wireless and turn it on again then you will see Wired and wireless connected.

4- Internet through wireless and data transfer through wired

but I don't prefer to provide two internet access from wired and wireless because IPTV streaming will not be stable! so just cancel the DNS address in wired connection.

I hope this will help you.

• I think it will only use one of them (not sure which though - I don't have that hardware).

I found this...

External Content gist.github.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It says it's a list of pages for the router settings that are not gennerally accessible. You may find a page to allow devices on Wireless and Wired parts of the router to talk to each other.

Thank you very much for this! I will search :)

• chewitt  spiderfish

I enabled both connections, but this way I can't acces this service by wireless network. I think is like chewitt says, LibreELEC prefere the better connection.

I will work on my router confinguration, like S80_UK suggest, since this is problem with it.

I'm aware that LibreELEC has nothing to do with piracy, sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks all!

• Interesting that I only pasted in the link to that page of configuration info, but the forum seems to be presenting the content from that link embedded in the message. That was not my intention; sorry. I probably should have flagged it as a URL in some way.

• LE will always prefer to route over Ethernet if Ethernet + WiFi are available but I don't think that's relevant. if your phone connected to the WiFi network cannot access the GUI of an app which is on the LE/HTPC device with a valid IP in the WiFi network; the issue is with the app on the LE/HTPC device not "listening" for traffic on that interface. Apps are "bound" to IP/port combinations (and IP's belong to interfaces). I'd guess the app is bound solely to the Ethernet IP/port and thus does not listen for traffic on the second (valid) WiFi IP/interface on the host system. That's an app issue, not an LE issue.

"netstat -a" will show you all the open ports and assocaited interfaces. Start there.