[Addon] MakeMKV

• Just thought to add the little description on how to install and use this add on.

First make sure which version of LE you are using, there are 3 versions at the download link. choosing the wrong version results in not working though

Start librelec rr (or your LE version)

Click on addons in the left menu.

In the upper left corner click on the box icon.

Choose install from zipfile.

Browse to where you put the makemkv zip file (this could be usb drive, harddisk or network drive)

Wait for it to install.

Start the add on at least once to update/install the key! (Click on Addons in the left menu, and click on makemkv, popup will inform you)

Reboot

Make sure in LE settings that for Blu-Ray the simple menu is selected, blu-ray menus often don't work. It is under player settings/disc

Insert a Blu-Ray disc and wait until the disc menu appears, but don't use this disc menu, it doesn't work!

Click on video/files and select the line with your blu-ray disc and click play if you have a remote, otherwise right click on that item and choose play. Do not use enter or ok on your remote, it won't work.

After this, if all goes well, there will be a list of found titles on the disc, sometimes only one but it can be multiple ones. if multiple choose the title with 800 in the title, or the longest title with the most chapters is usually a good starting point

• duck7000

i tried it exactly as you write it,

the Movie

Logan

can't decrypted, (the 4k version are working anytime with makemkv)

The Addon is not the Problem, its only an information about playback

the issue is not in/with makemkv, the issue is in Kodi

this movie not work under LE9.x

under LE 8.2.5 this movie Works anytime "With" &/or "Without" - MakeMKV

so,

i postet logfiles and someone posted an link to an Kodi forum, there was the same issue but there they hsve an fix but is for android kodi

• duck7000 thanks for this add-on, it seems to work perfectly with all the Blu-rays i've tried.

Is it possible to add a favourite that will play the Blu-ray disk when clicked? just trying to keep things as user friendly as possible for my parents.

• I tried to just tried to install this addon but it doesn't seem to get MakeMKV working. Since it doesn't seem to decrypt anything I throw at it. Any one got any idea? I run a Nuc with the Kodi 18.3 Libreelec version.

• linuxares

What version of libreelec are you using? There are different makemkv versions for different libreelec versions at the download link

If you follow the instructions it should work, but i'm not the maker of this addon, just the compiler guy for libreelec 9.0

• linuxares

What version of libreelec are you using?

I use the 9.2 Generic (official), It's an Intel NUC device with a external bluray reader with Libredrive patches, I got a LG SJ9 soundbar, that require Alsa so I can get passthrough working, as why I run the 9.2 image.
    I've tried 3 blurays so far on it. John Wick that is a UK version. A my little pony that is a nordic edition and avatar that is also a nordic version. It say it cant decrypt them.

Edited 2 times, last by linuxares: typos.... (September 7, 2019 at 3:59 PM).