Adding Steamlink to v9.0.0

• Hello,I'm trying to use the steamlink in my libreelec, I think I have followed all the instructions correctly, but I get this error:

Code
    krilin:~/steamlink # ./steamlink.sh
    adding udev overlay
    mount: mounting overlay on /lib/udev/rules.d failed: Invalid argument
    starting pulseaudio
    W: [pulseaudio] main.c: This program is not intended to be run as root (unless --system is specified).
    starting cec
    starting steamlink
    Illegal instruction

what am I doing wrong?

regards

pd: it's a rapi 2b+( LibreELEC (official): 9.2.1)

• Hi folks,
    first of all many thans for ToiletSalad for the great investigation, and work.

Sadly the addon which is mentioned on the first page isnt working for me but i was able to get steamlink running with the manual instructions.
    I had also to edit config.txt and add dtparam=audio=on mentioned in the 4th comment to get audio working right.
    I made an addon myself to get this working directly from kodi.
    I'm using the latest libreelec on raspberry pi 3, audio via hdmi connected to TV (stereo) everything works just fine for me now.
    If someone wanna test the addon give it a try, but make sure you clean up all manual steps except the config.txt part.
    it should work on a fresh libreelec installation, if you already installed it manually clean up first:
    - there should be no /storage/steamlink dir
    - no overlay mount
    - no .mount file in .config/system.d/

link to the addon: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16FAg1v…iew?usp=sharing
    - only works on libreelec. tested on rpi3 should work also on rpi4
    - no watchdog script, simple .service unit file solution with a wrapper script
    - needed libs from raspbian are included
    - steamlink automaticaly gets downloaded in the same way as in the first comment.
    - steamlink.sh gets corrected for busybox use by a simle sed change.
    steamlink logs are sored in journal. "journalctl -u steamlink"

If you run it first time it will install but it can happen that it doesnt start, than try running the addon from kodi again.

its far from done, but it sould do for now.
    Feedback welcome

• If you run it first time it will install but it can happen that it doesnt start, than try running the addon from kodi again.

its far from done, but it sould do for now.
    Feedback welcome

Hello. Work for me in rpi3b+ with libreelec 9.4.2. I Just install the addon all is fine but i dont have sound. Thank you so much.

• Just tried and doesn't seem to be working on Pi4(?) I just get a soft restart every time

Any advice?

• Ran it though ssh...

• Out of interest, with the recent release of Steam Link for more systems by Valve, and the changes for the latest Kodi 19 build on the much newer kernel, does that give any better possibility for Steam Link to work on LibreElec on a Pi4 please? Wondering whether I can do away with my separate RetroPie device at some point and just have the one.

• Out of interest, with the recent release of Steam Link for more systems by Valve, and the changes for the latest Kodi 19 build on the much newer kernel, does that give any better possibility for Steam Link to work on LibreElec on a Pi4 please? Wondering whether I can do away with my separate RetroPie device at some point and just have the one.

No support for the GBM/V4L2 interface now used in RPi4 and Valve continue to package their pre-compiled stuff around the assumption of a desktop distro which makes it unsuitable/impossible to repurpose.

• Hi,

Wow, i was searching if it was possible to play on my LibreElec 9, my TowerFall Steam game installed on my main Windows PC, and i found this post :) .

Before i try to install it, can you confirm it could work for me ? :

I have :

Steam and my games installed on a Windows 7 PC.

LibreElec 9.x (Kodi 18.x) installed on a generic x64 PC.

Two Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 (v2) (i use them with wire because i didn't found a way to use them wirelessly).

The two PC are connected with CPL (500) and Wifi (N).

If it isn't possible, maybe there is another way ?

I saw that TowerFall is available on Linux. Could it be possible to run it from LibreElec ?

Thanks

EDIT : i found a solution : i installed SteamOS along side of LibreElec.

I reinstalled LibreElec, it took all my disk space.

I resized the storage partition to 14 Go (enought for my needs).

I installed SteamOS in "Expert mode" to choose to install on the empty space.

I installed rEFInd boot manager (from SteamOS destop) then i personnalized it.

Now, when i boot my PC, i can choose between LibreElec and SteamOS, and both works fine :) .

Edited 3 times, last by nonobio (May 13, 2021 at 7:00 AM).