Stock LibreELEC and retro gaming?

• Thanks robmcc83 and Mario77

Followed the above retroarch and ES installation guide, I've managed to play my favorite beat'em up arcade game the "Warriors of Fate" using my very modest Rpi3A+. Not completely without issues but solvable with a little more tinkering.

1. won't work with the cutting edge mihouse testbuild, am using the latest stable build

2. won't work with external USB audio (no Chord Mojo), pi HDMI audio output is fine

3. joypad button mapping could be tricky, my first time had got the center playstation button (Dualshock 4) mapped as START. so every time I want to play I bounced off back to the retroarch interface. My recommendation is to map the button A to X, button B to O, button X to SQUARE and button Y to TRIANGLE if you using playstation's joypad. Objective : X is always the action button and O is always the back button.

4. for mame game, the rom directory name is "mame", tried "arcade" but won't work

So far so good. Thank you again for your knowledge sharing.

• Hello everyone,

I would appreciate any help or like to know if anyone else has experienced the problems I am having.

I'm trying to run games within LibreElec using RetroArch and IAGL. An external launcher is preferred than the default RetroPlayer as suggested for playability.

OS: Latest fresh install of LibreElec(9.1.501) imaged to SD card using LibreELEC USB-SD Creator.

Addons: Latest gamestarter and zachmorris installed from zip then repositories(RetroArch, IAGL)

Hardware: RPi3, generic PS2 bluetooth controllers, Logitech wireless usb keyboard/mouse combo

I'm having some issues following the helpful guide written by robmcc83 located here:

Stock LibreELEC and retro gaming?

I successfully get to this step in the guide: "Now connect you preferred controller as retroarch will autoconfig it when you launch."

Controller works perfectly.

However when I launch RetroArch the following dialogue box appears: Exit Kodi and run RetroArch?

I select Yes.

The screen goes black, then the RetroArch splash screen appears for about 2 seconds and then the Kodi Leia 18.4 splash screen appears and I'm back at the Kodi home screen.

I have the following guide and can run a game with RetroPlayer(poorly pixelated and bad audio) but RetroArch just won't even run as I have mentioned above:

1. Setup · zach-morris/plugin.program.iagl Wiki · GitHub

Does anyone have any idea of what is going on please? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers,

Alkay.

• Hello @ all,

i have the same issue like alkay, i have a raspberry pi 4b 2gb ram, with latest libreelec 9.1.501, and if i launch RetroArch the following dialogue box appears: Exit Kodi and run RetroArch?

I select Yes.

The screen goes black, then the RetroArch splash screen appears for about 2 seconds and then the Kodi Leia 18.4 splash screen appears and I'm back at the Kodi home screen.

Some hints or tipps for me?

Thanks a lot!

Greetings :shy:

• If you r using gamestarter..retroarch from repo is not updated to work with rpi4 yet..so go to the gamestarter thread and there is an updated version to download in latest posts from biteyouridols.still under testing but should work.

Retroarch rpi4

Edited once, last by Mario77 (October 24, 2019 at 12:19 PM).

• Retroarch is also not supported on 9.1.501 yet from the repo on any device.

You have the install the latest beta from the game starter thread under the add ons section of this forum.

I had to do this on both generic and pi3 for le 9.1.501

Hope this helps

• Retroarch is also not supported on 9.1.501 yet from the repo on any device.

You have the install the latest beta from the game starter thread under the add ons section of this forum.

I had to do this on both generic and pi3 for le 9.1.501

Hope this helps

Strange..it works for me on rpi2

• Strange..it works for me on rpi2

Did you add the missing libass files at some point?

I have recently fresh installed le 9.1.501 on both my pi 3 and generic pc.

After installing both retroarch and emulationstation from the game starter repo both of them black screen and return to kodi.

This is the case for both pi3 and generic.

Solving retroarch I updated to bite_your_idols latest retroarch beta which worked.

As for emulationstation had to change locale for that to work.

Unfortunately though due to several issues with libreelec and no response on the forum, I've decided to put windows 10 onto the generic pc and install kodi that way and so far haven't seen any problems.

The pi3 I've just decided to downgrade to 9.0.2 le as that gives me no problems with the game starter repo at all.

• The version from post #967 on gamestarter should work fine with LE 9.1.501...it worked for me ..just downloaded and updated my old version...don't think it will work with 9.0.xxx and doesn't need the libass.so file to work.