Option to disable Safe Mode...

• I have experienced Safe Mode a couple times in my X96mini (S905W) and A95X (S905X), both 1/8 G.

Unluckily I was unable to restore my settings after several reboots, and had to start fresh.

Wondering if Safe Mode can be optionally disabled?

• Run "touch /storage/.config/safemode.disable" and it won't be invoked, but there's some underlying problem. Add-ons are the biggest culprit.

• Run "touch /storage/.config/safemode.disable" and it won't be invoked, but there's some underlying problem. Add-ons are the biggest culprit.

Ok thanks.

But I don't understand your second sentence: add-ons are the biggest culprit

Did you mean to say add-ons are difficult to restore after a Safe Mode crash/reboot?

• Run "touch /storage/.config/safemode.disable" and it won't be invoked, ...

This just creates an empty file. Is that all?

I do have big problems with Safe Mode ! It hangs my box and upon reboot doesn't restore my Settings- still not ready for deployment.

• We'll add that to the list of things CE don't understand then. It's a lengthy list.

• Isn't safemode launched automatically after system abnormalities are detected?

I have never seen it on any of my devices personally, but mine are all shutdown correctly via the power menu.

Seems a bit . . . wreckless to simply disable a safety feature that is being invoked. Surely it's better to find out why it's happening and fix the cause? Kind of like removing the guard from a bandsaw because you bumped into it once :rolleyes::D