Plex Media Server on LibreELEC

• I am pleased to report that the Plex Media Server (PMS) addon that hugepants has been maintaining over on the OE forums works perfectly with LibreELEC.

As of August 30 2016, version 1.1.2 of the addon (PMS 1.0.3) works perfectly on LibreELEC 7.0.2.

To review, Plex Media Server is a UPNP/DLNA server with transcoding support and iOS/Android/PC/Mac/browser clients.

To administer the server after the addon is installed, simply point your web browser to the the following URL:

Code
    http://192.168.1.100:32400/web

Users should replace 192.168.1.100 with the IP address of their LibreELEC machine. The IP address of your LibreELEC machine can be found under the System -> System Info menu in Kodi.

More detailed instructions on how to install and configure the Plex Media Server can be found over on the Plex Support Site.

• Hi,

Could someone help update the version of PMS for LibreELEC to the one that has DVR support for plex pass members which can be found below:

Alternatively, could you explain to me how to do this myself.

Thanks.

• The Plex Pass builds cannot be distributed as they are intended for subscribers only.

To do it yourself, download and extract the Ubuntu 64 bit build ...amd64.deb

Then extract the latest version of my addon
    Delete the contents of service.multimedia.plexmediaserver/lib

Then copy the contents of usr/lib/plexmediaserver from the .deb to the extracted addon in service.multimedia.plexmediaserver/lib

Zip it (ideally with Windows' built-in compression tool) then install.

Edited once, last by hugepants (September 4, 2016 at 11:37 AM).

• The Plex Pass builds cannot be distributed as they are intended for subscribers only.

Then copy the contents of usr/lib/plexmediaserver from the .deb to the extracted addon in service.multimedia.plexmediaserver/lib

Hmm, I tried this on my Mac but when I try to install the zip file in open elec it says it cannot install. Do you think it needs to be done with the windows compression system? Or is there something else going on here?

Thanks.
    [hr]
    Nevermind. Worked with windows compression. Thanks!

Edited once, last by phizz (September 4, 2016 at 4:34 PM).

• I was quite excited when I came upon this. I installed the package and currently it is running as enabled under services(Add ons-->My add ons-->Services). But when I go to manage through the web, I am not able to access. I have managed a previous PMS through the web interface(IP:32400/web). I can ssh into the kodi box, remote to kodi via web but I just can not able to access plex. Any troubleshooting tips?

• I was quite excited when I came upon this. I installed the package and currently it is running as enabled under services(Add ons-->My add ons-->Services). But when I go to manage through the web, I am not able to access. I have managed a previous PMS through the web interface(IP:32400/web). I can ssh into the kodi box, remote to kodi via web but I just can not able to access plex. Any troubleshooting tips?

Do you see port 32400 open and listening when you run netstat?

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # netstat -an | grep 32400
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:32400           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
    LibreELEC:~ #

If yes, then that means the PMS started successfully.

If no, then that means the PMS failed to start. Try rebooting. If a reboot does not fix the problem, try un-installing the addon, deleting the associated addon and userdata folders for PMS, rebooting, and re-installing the addon.

Also make sure that the addon is a match for your architecture. This addon is meant for 64-bit platforms, not ARM (Raspberry Pi) or Android.

If after the above steps, try reffering to this post on how to further troubleshoot PMS issues.

Edited once, last by DugieHowsa (September 9, 2016 at 6:26 PM).

• Do you see port 32400 open and listening when you run netstat?

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # netstat -an | grep 32400
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:32400           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
    LibreELEC:~ #

If yes, then that means the PMS started successfully.

If no, then that means the PMS failed to start. Try rebooting. If a reboot does not fix the problem, try un-installing the addon, deleting the associated addon and userdata folders for PMS, rebooting, and re-installing the addon.

Also make sure that the addon is a match for your architecture. This addon is meant for 64-bit platforns, not ARM (Raspberry Pi) or Android.

If after the above steps, try reffering to this post on how to further troubleshoot PMS issues.

Raspberry PI. Dang. Thank you for your help!

• I would also recommend to people having any type of connectivity issues with Plex Media Server to visit the Plex support forums. The people here in the LibreELEC forum are pretty much just packaging up the binaries that are produced over there. You will likely get better support from the Plex people. Don't forget to enable logging on your Plex Clients, and include both client and server logs in your posts.

In LibreELEC, the PMS logs are located here:

Code
    \\LIBREELEC\Userdata\addon_data\service.multimedia.plexmediaserver\service.log

Code
    \\LIBREELEC\Userdata\addon_data\service.multimedia.plexmediaserver\Plex Media Server\Logs

-or-

Code
    /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.plexmediaserver/service.log

Code
    /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.plexmediaserver/Plex Media Server/Logs

Client logs can often be found in player settings menu, and can be configured to automatically upload to the Plex support team.

Plex Media Server on Linux:
    Linux — Plex Forums

Plex Players:
    Plex Forums

Really interrested to do it myself but not clear not me on how to extract the .deb file (i am on macosx). It seems to be
    If you could some more detailled steps it would be great.
    I am running openelec on intel nuc.
    Thanks in advance