I can't install LibreElec on Mecool M8S PRO W

• Hi,

I have done everything like it was said. Tried tw odifferent versions of libreelec latest and the earlier like mentioned in other post. I changed dtb after I created installation with rufus on usb drive.

I tried to shut down and restart mecool tv box and I tried even after that. The box simply doesn't want to start libreelec.

It was bought in december, it is model Mecool M8S PRO W 2.4G Voice Control with Andriod OS Support TV Box - BLACK EU PLUG (2.4G VOICE CONTROL)

I've tried coreelec before and it is the same. I tried to press that small button on the bottom of the box, because it has no reset button like some previous models in AV but appereantly at the bottom of the box where there is tiny hole. Even that didn't help.

Is there any thing I can do? Thank you.

• Alternatively, press the menu button several times quickly, while plugging in the power.

If, it still doesn't boot to libreelec try another dtb.

I didn't know, that Libre did versions for this box, I would try Coreelec

• Thank you very much everyone. I installed the program and it worked! There is one problem after I turned it off and start, It loads android OS again. No option to start libreelec.

• Thank you very much everyone. I installed the program and it worked! There is one problem after I turned it off and start, It loads android OS again. No option to start libreelec.

Something is/went wrong. Once properly installed Libre/CoreElec should always start first if the SD/USB is inserted.

• I've tried coreelec before and it is the same. I tried to press that small button on the bottom of the box, because it has no reset button like some previous models in AV but appereantly at the bottom of the box where there is tiny hole. Even that didn't help.

Is there any thing I can do? Thank you.

You should press the reset button under the small (1mm) hole in botom of the box, connect (turn on) the power while keeping the reset button pressed for 5-15 seconds, until you see Libre/CoreElec logo. Then you can release the reset button.

• Google says that _p212_2g_tx3mini.dtb is not found.

I just ordered this box and received it a couple of days ago. Someone suggested it was a good streaming device and that it would be simple to load LE on it but al contraire. I tried native software that comes with the device but while the video streaming seemed OK, it would not even page through a JPG library from an attached thumb drive. So I am hoping I can install LE on it.

From what I understand I need a USB stick to put a SD card in and then load something on the SD card. I looked at the really neat utility provided here to build the SD card but then nothing about a Mecool M8S PRO W is listed. So once I figure this out, I need to remove the board bottom and what, solder a push button switch to these two terminals I assume? Is that correct? I see a smaller white circled small rectangle below in addition to illustrated place which contains the larger rectangle that includes the two pads. Does the smaller box white line rectangle below the large have a significance in this process or is that print on the board? Anyway to write this out in a step by step process plus a link to the required file and what I need to do with that dtb file? Thanks!