LibreELEC (Leia) v8.95.2 BETA

• Source: LibreELEC (Leia) v8.95.2 BETA – LibreELEC

• Hi,

Thanks for the update and the great work you are doing.

On the release page, it says that the update is broken for the WP1, when using the img.gz image:

LibreELEC (Leia) v8.95.2 BETA – LibreELEC

I usually perform the update by using the LibreElec Addin in Kodi, which runs from the SD card located in the WP1. Could you please tell me whether the warning is also relevant in this use case?

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year.

• Hi,

I reported a problem with my openelec wetek box some time ago here.

I reported the crash to the kodi team here, too. The colleagues told me that it originates from a linux kernel issue not yet solved?

So I gave the new Beta 2 release (having a new linux kernel version) a try, still hoping that the crashes are fixed. But finally the system crashed again.

Here is the kodi_crash.log: http://ix.io/1xou

Note that an other STACK TRACE is reported compared to the prior reported problem.

Here is the output generated by dmesg: http://ix.io/1xoa

Hope anybody can help? Having to restart the box permanently isn't a solution my wife accepts. ;)

Best regards

Holger

• Rebooting from cron job at 4am every day is still better than waiting for random crash :(

Blu-ray Disc Java menus support - forum thread, Github

my lamp addon (unofficial/community) (limited no support)
    my touchscreen support and instructions by Grruhn (now touchscreen addon exists in repository)

• Hi folks,

also from my side a lot of thanks for the good work!

I switched from the now one-year-old kszaq-image for LePotato to 8.95.2 Beta, and have one problem: Some MP4 movies (VLC says: H264 MPEG-4 AVC (part 10)) do not work (they did with the old image). When I start them, there is no sound, picture is lagging, and, when opening the navigation bar, the current position is shown as a negative number (see screenshot).

Some other MP4's work. As far as I can tell the only difference is the audio track: Those with problems have MP3 sound with 192k, those that work have AAC, both with 48 KHz sampling rate.

Other things also hint at an audio problem: When I, while the faulty movie stutters along, open the audio settings from the lower right menu and toggle passthrough audio, for a short while audio is OK, but severely offset by seconds, and also the time is displayed correctly. Regardless if passthrough was on or off beforehand - just toggling it does the trick. If I played a faulty movie, stopped it and then started a "good" one, sometimes audio is played way too slow, al voices sounding as if they came directly from the crypt.

I played around with some audio options, namely passthrough and sample rate adjustment, but nothing seems to help.

How can I provide helpful information? I can provide example movies upon request.

Cheers

Hauke

• Plex for Kodi add-on 0.1.6 subtitles (SRT) NOT working.

All subtitles (SRT and SRT/embedded) not showing with latest Plex for Kodi add-on 0.1.6 in LibreElec v8.95.2 for Pi 3 A+.

Is there something I need to change in the configuration ?

• I have synchronise (Audio/Video) and flicker of Video issues with this version on live TV.

Beta 1 is working.

Other stuff is currently not test/usable due to hardware issues of the file server.