Wifi Setup

• Hello everyone!

I need your help in order to setup my Wifi on a Raspberry Pi 2. The Wifi Adapter is a TP-Link TL-WN722N and I'm using LibreElec version 7.0.2.

Thanks in advance.

• Hi have the same problem on my M8S+

Everything works fine but no WIFI connections :(

Bluetooth appeared and I paired my headset but no WIFI

I've tried to de-activate and active wifi, it says working but then when I go in connections, nothing; ever since I went from OpenElec 6.95.1 to LibreElec wifi hasn't worked

Keep up the great work guys, really enjoy what you're doing with the Kodi support; absolutely hate Android "the resource hog"

Running M8S+
    GPU Mali-450 MP
    CPU Amlogic Meson8 ARMv7 Processor rev 1(v71)
    Total memory 2 GB
    Kodi 16.1

• is there a way to know which wifi adapter my M8S+ has? do I have to go back to Android to do it?

The linux versions are so much snapier and I can't stand android lol Kodi runs so smooth on OpenElec and LibreElec

• giannis1711 - the dmesg log shows a fully working card *but* you have enabled the local wireless hotspot feature. This means your card is acting as an access point; hence you cannot use it to connect to other networks.

Thank you for the answer.

I kept trying to find a solution based on your findings, in google and in other forums but nothing came up. Do you know a way to disable the hotspot feature, in order the card to work normally?

• Thank you for the answer.

I kept trying to find a solution based on your findings, in google and in other forums but nothing came up. Do you know a way to disable the hotspot feature, in order the card to work normally?

Should be in libreelec settings > Network > wireless.
    Make sure 'enable wireless acces point' isn't checked.

• Should be in libreelec settings > Network > wireless.
    Make sure 'enable wireless acces point' isn't checked.

I found an option under Network->Wireless Networks named "Enable 'tethered' Wireless Access Point" and I clicked it once. After that I was able to spot my Wifi network and everything work like a charm.

Thank you guys for the support. Keep up the good work :) !

• Hi,

i know this is an old thread, but i'm having the same issue, except that tethering is not enabled on my libreelec.
    My setup:
    Raspi Zero, TP-Link TL-WN722N. Librelec 7.0.2
    With my Edimax the Wifi works fine, but the TP-Link doesn't seem to associate with the Wifi.

Can anybody help me? What information do you need?

Thanks in advance