Intel true 10bits/HEVC/HDR support... ?

• I tried to blacklist snd_intel_dspcfg but it still loads

Code
    echo "blacklist snd_intel_dspcfg" >> /storage/.config/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
  • I have read the document, but there is nothing I myself can further try in terms of kernel and builds.

But you could ask a dev if he/she is kind enough to make a test build with a recompiled kernel without the module mentioned above for you. heitbaum is active in this thread. Maybe he/she is reading this. :)

• I have tried some test files and only Dolby Digital / + work as well as DTS. I can play these audios and when I stop playing audio resumes throughout libreelec.

I cannot play AAC, LPCM or anything with TrueHD/Master Audio/DTS HD.

When I play these files the video plays with no audio. Stoping the video causes libreelec to loose all audio and I need to reboot the system to get audio back.

Edited once, last by luckylukz (February 24, 2021 at 5:49 PM).

• I have tried some test files and only Dolby Digital / + work as well as DTS. I can play these audios and when I stop playing audio resumes throughout libreelec.

When I play these files the video plays with no audio. Stoping the video causes libreelec to loose all audio and I need to reboot the system to get audio back.

Replicated the same issue on

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.80-nightly-20210223-f6986f3

Disappointing to hear that still having audio issues :(

• I don't understand what you mean by that. My builds are compiled from LE git master + HDR patches from lrusak's git repo + some minor changes to make it all compile and work.

• I hope X11 would be dropped after LE 10 is branched out. I feel like it is holding back the development of Generic x86.

Edited once, last by smp (March 11, 2021 at 1:40 PM).

• Does anyone here use a Gemini Lake box with a Samsung 4K TV (2019 or 2020 model)?

After experiencing some annoying HDMI issues with 4K modes (e.g. intermittent white dots after a mode change, with known good cables) I decided to poke around in Intel driver and found the problem. Apparently, my Samsung TV doesn't like Intel's implementation of HDMI Scrambling.

I disabled scrambling with a below patch and all issues are gone.

• I feel like it is holding back the development of Generic x86.

x11 and gbm could easily coexist if needed at LE, there are minimal changes needed to have both projects at LE

but gbm is still not on par with x11 (afaik at least di and scaling are not there, other things likely too) and depends at not upstreamed patches for kodi and ffmpeg

otherwise it works great :)

• smp - forgive me if this has been beaten down before - but it is pretty hard to find information about the subject online. Your build, would it work on a NUC6CAYB to enable HDR output ?

The NUC6CAYB has a Celeron J3455 with Intel HD Graphics 500 and :

• HDMI 2.0 (4K @ 60 Hz) with HDMI CEC via MegaChips MCDP2800-BCT DisplayPort 1.2a to HDMI 2.0 Level Shifter/Protocol Converter

If memory serves me well it has the same LS-PCON as the newer generation NUC's have - tho I'm uncertain if the SoC can even support HDR.

• smp - forgive me if this has been beaten down before - but it is pretty hard to find information about the subject online. Your build, would it work on a NUC6CAYB to enable HDR output ?

The NUC6CAYB has a Celeron J3455 with Intel HD Graphics 500 and :

• HDMI 2.0 (4K @ 60 Hz) with HDMI CEC via MegaChips MCDP2800-BCT DisplayPort 1.2a to HDMI 2.0 Level Shifter/Protocol Converter

If memory serves me well it has the same LS-PCON as the newer generation NUC's have - tho I'm uncertain if the SoC can even support HDR.

Nope only Gemini Lake and newer supports it with these builds.

• afaik at least di and scaling are not there

Both DI and scaling are fully functional with GBM + VAAPI (DRM PRIME disabled.) There is absolutely no reason to use X11 on Intel hardware :)

depends at not upstreamed patches for kodi and ffmpeg

Those are only DRM PRIME stuff. GBM VAAPI is fully functional (without HDR) in current LE master without those non-upstreamed patches.

Your build, would it work on a NUC6CAYB to enable HDR output ?

Try the build from post #426. It includes Linux HDR patches for MCA LSPCON. No idea if it will work or not.

Edited once, last by smp (March 13, 2021 at 1:29 PM).