Intel true 10bits/HEVC/HDR support... ?

• Great job, smp.

Your 26/1 image runs perfectly on my GLK Beelink (X55 & X45).

NVRAM & bios side effects while testing 24/4 and/or 1/2 kwiboo images, so i lost ALSA AZALIA even with DSP Disabled.

Got fine again after a bios Reset to defaults & rebooting 26/1 live again.

On LG OLED B9 i can play Atmos (upto 5.1 channels) with all my DV/HDR10+ samples (1/2layers) going out with HDR10 then Atmos pop-ups !

So it is pretty amazing to finally get HDR+ATMOS in less than1 hour, in comparison with a month of unsuccessfull struggle inside intel drivers collection (from 6912 first called supporting HDR on FLK, to even this late april all iGPU chips driver)....

Within win20H1 all seems working (such SGX, PAVP, TPM/ME, HDCP22, ...), but I never got "Advanced Color" set in directX diagnostics, neither with os Settings nor Intel RGB/YCbCr Configuration variations appx.

So your job all of you at LibreELEC is a fantastic help for people whose config don't use Nvidia output & drivers for hdmi 2.1 LG TV.

Thx for your PoC, finally a cheap solution unexpected !

Edited 2 times, last by fab233: typos (May 14, 2020 at 9:15 AM).

• Well - I thought I'd take a punt on the cheapest Gemini Lake box I could find with quoted specs of HDMI 2.0 output (I wasn't sure about whether it used an LSPCon or not)

I bought the £179 Chuwi Herobox which has 8GB RAM and a 180GB Intel SSD, and a Quad Core Celeron N4100 CPU with HD600 Intel graphics. It comes with Windows 10 Home pre-installed (I haven't properly booted that yet) - but a USB live boot of LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.80-devel-20200201013402-e776789.img.gz downloaded from this thread was the first thing I tried.

I don't have my AVR at the moment (it's in storage) - and haven't had time to check any audio stuff at all.

The first HDR10 2160p23.976 clip I played on it switched my TV into HDR10 EOTF mode (my Sony XF9005 switched into HDR mode and the test signal made sense and looked correct at first glance) This is pretty impressive! My HD Fury Vertex is also in storage so I haven't had time to confirm the exact format and check whether it's RGB, YCbCr 4:2:2 or 4:4:4, 8-bit, 10-bit or 12-bit. (You can send an HDR10 EOTF with 8-bit...)

Test clip from here HDR am TV: Testfilm zum kostenlosen Download - PC Magazin

I'll try some other stuff when I have more time tonight or tomorrow - but this is fantastic!

Amazon UK link here : CHUWI Herobox Mini PC Computer, Fanless Desktop Intel Gemini- Lake N4100 Windows10 OS, Quad Core 64 bit 1.1GHz to 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM 180GB ROM, Expandable to 1T HDD, HDPC 2.2, BT 4.0 and Dual WIFI: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

It's also fanless - so we'll see how that goes... (It also has an internal 2.5" SSD/HDD bay for a larger SSD or HDD, a VGA output, WiFi and Bluetooth, a uSD slot 2 x USB-A 3.0 front panel sockets, a USB-C - not sure if 3.0 or 2.0 on the front, 2 x USB 2.0 on the rear, along with a 3.5mm audio jack and DC input for a separate power brick, and it can be VESA mounted on the rear of a display with the included mounting bracket)

I've had far-from-great experiences with a previous Chuwi tablet - so YMMV - but for the price I thought it was worth a punt. I could/can always return it to Amazon if it hadn't been/isn't right for me.

Edited 3 times, last by noggin (May 16, 2020 at 10:16 AM).

• Its Intels fault as they keep using LSPCON. Gemini Lake was only SoC with native HDMI2.0 in this format.

From the patches it looks like they are working on getting LSPCON working with HDR but when is the question and it may not work on all NUCs.

If only LE merged the patches that make it work on Gemini lake so that if you do have it then you can continue to use the latest builds.

• noggin or smp: Since you were able to get it to work on a n4100, any idea if this one would work?

Amazon.com: Gigabyte Ultra Compact Mini PC/Intel UHD Graphics 600/ M.2 SSD/HDMI (2.0A)/ DP1.2A Component- GB-BLCE-4105: Computers & Accessories

It features a J4105 and is listed on intel's website as part of Gemini Lake.

I'm afraid I can't comment on that model - it's not clear whether it has HDMI 2.0 or HDMI 1.4 output (I think that may be a motherboard issue as well as a SoC/CPU issue). As there are so many variables with Intel GPU HDMI implementations I think it's best for me to only talk about the model I know for sure does work - at least on initial testing.

• I think it's safe to say that it will work, Gemini Lake SoC = native HDMI 2.0, no LSPCON nonsense.

But before you buy the hardware you should understand that those LE images are very early and Kodi's DRMPRIME hw acceleration is not yet ready for everyday use. We may actually see better hardware (like Intel Elkhart Lake) before we see a stable LE image with HDR.

• It does state its HDMI 2.0.

When you say not ready for everyday use. What exactly are issues? I'm aware I would be running Alpha builds of kodi so I expect kinks but regarding decoding have you noticed any issues? I'm just tired of using the slow ass ARM based solution at this point.

noggin, any chance you could install the "CPU Benchmark" addon from the kodi repo and give it a whirl. I'm curious what your pystone score is so I have it for referance.

• I'm pretty sure other then Gemini Man (interesting that it would be an issue on Gemini Lake), I dont' think I have any other content thats 60Hz ... that pic you posted was of what movie?

Regarding starting twice, my current setup will randomly not go into 2160p mode from 1080p mode requiring a restart so not a deal breaker.

Bigger issue for me would be lack of support of Artwork Beef. I know that starting in Kodi v18 the built-in scrapers can start doing extended artwork, just haven't experimented much how well that works.

Edited once, last by pletopia (May 18, 2020 at 1:43 AM).

• I too have an intel Nuc, I was looking to buy the generation 10 but am now holding off. Is the issue that everyone is experiencing with HDR, Nuc related or librelec related?

• I too have an intel Nuc, I was looking to buy the generation 10 but am now holding off. Is the issue that everyone is experiencing with HDR, Nuc related or librelec related?

Kernel/driver related.

But if you really want HDR with ***ELEC, Amlogic is the way to go atm.