Custom remote config

• I read the wiki about remotes and frankly I did not fnd it useful for setting up a custom remote.

I have LibreELecX86_64 , WIndows MCE receiver, and Xbox360 IR Remote

I have been using the same Xbox360 remote config with Kodi for years. I have an Lirc config that works with Ubuntu 16.04 , but for ubuntu 18.04 I had to revert to the older version of lirc 0.9.0 I think.

So I installed Libreelec and have a partial working remote, it is to say that most of my custom buttons are not recognized , but up/down/left/right/enter seem to work.

ANy ideas on how to proceed to get my remote working 100%

Thanks

Mark

• We use in-kernel decoding instead of LIRC so you'll need to spend a few minutes adapting configs. The wiki is the reference for how to do it, and it's not that hard (but it's not the same as configuring LIRC on Ubuntu). At the end of the day YOU have chosen to change distro so YOU should expect to spend a little time setting things up again. Please remember that anyone responding to your posts in this forum is giving up their personal free time to offer help. Whinging about everything is not going to inspire them to offer assistance.

• The Xbox 360 remote should work out of the box. If it doesn't work for you please be more specific about what's not working, following the troubleshooting steps in the wiki Infrared Remotes [LibreELEC.wiki]

Do you get keycodes from ir-keytable -t? If not post the ir-keytable output of the non-working buttons.

Do the keycodes show up in kodi's debug log and if yes which actions are executed? Post the log lines with the info about non-working or unmapped buttons.

so long,

Hias

• Chewitt,

You know this is funny I look back at this years later and I see you claimed I was "whining" , which I still do not see. Not everyone learns the same way, so even though you might understand the wiki, does not mean it is clear to all. Every time I see this post I look again for the "whining" , which I still do not see.

Since when is stating that something was not found as useful, or comparing or asking for some help whining? I think some moderators here have attitudes sometimes that they take out on posters.

Maybe YOU ( yes I learned that from YOU) are the whiner? So it seems when you whine about what people post, it seems you claim they are "whining". When in reality the whining stated with YOU!

I have seen other posts where you make those kinds of gruff or negative statements and maybe you are the one that needs to re-think what you post. Truth is in your posts all over this board. Are you never embarrassed looking back at some of these off the wall accusations?

If you do not like someone's post for whatever reason then simply do not reply to it. There is no need to be insulting and condescending.

Maybe you should work on being a little less judgmental. You are not God.

Oh and go ahead ban me like you guys have to others who have made similar statements, it seems to be the norm. If you ban me it will serve to tell me you got the message.

Tekno