HDMI passthrough ,no sound with video with 2.0 channels.LE 9.0/8.95.3/2/1 Le Potato AML-S905X-CC

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • I have the same issue with LibreELEC (Leia) v8.90.006 ALPHA on Odroid C2. Was working fine under 8.2.5. I've enabled 'stereo upmix' as a workaround. Will look at getting logs. I tried LibreELEC (Leia) v8.90.007 ALPHA this evening but after a minute or so, Kodi came up and said it was running in safe mode so I rolled back to 006.

• Same for me with a WeTek Play 2, and the same behaviour on 8.90.007.

The audio defaults to the AML-M8AUDIO Analogue output via HDMI, but once you switch to the AML-M8AUDIO HDMI output there is no sound on video playback. Because there is no way to change passthrough from the HDMI driver, it breaks when the Analogue output is enabled (garbled/reverb noise).

• So,
    - to play videos pcm 2 channels : set system audio on AML-M8AUDIO Analogue

- to play mp3 : set system audio on AML-M8AUDIO HDMI

We are waiting the fix to do the both with AML-M8AUDIO HDMI

Greetings

• Hello,

Just test yesterday the upgrade to last alpha (.009)

I have an onkyo receiver , work perfect with kodi 17.6

At boot , ui sound / music / tv / video ok

If I launch a dolby movie : it works , paththroug is enable and receiver see that , movie play fine ( just take a little bit longer to switch).

If I stop movie , all other sounds are OFF , nothing play , reciever says that their is no sound over hdmi send.

I must reboot.

In log I see AE sink going to analog then hdmi then analog and no error even in debug log.

Edited once, last by celedhrim (December 17, 2018 at 7:24 PM).

• So,

- to play videos pcm 2 channels : set system audio on AML-M8AUDIO Analogue,

but very often when you swap video, the sound is lost

We are waiting the fix to do for working with AML-M8AUDIO HDMI

Greetings

• Has same issue with latest version LE 9.0.1, ODroid C2 (LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0.1.img.gz).

Any chance to get a fixed version? Sorry for my beginners questions, but where can I get coreelec?