Posts by xbmcnut

Also responded on github. That container is for x86 and thus won't run on arm. I think I have somewhere created a test/dev version that could be converted to an arm version relatively easily. I'll look into it and will let you know.

For reference, linuxserver.io group (which I am a member of) release separate containers for x86_64, arm and aarch64

Wow! Thank you for the prompt reply. I'll respond on GitHub

Hi there, been a while.

Someone asked on my blog if it was possible to install ha-bridge on LE so I thought I'd have a go. I've installed the Docker add-on and run the following:

Code
    docker run -d --name="Home-Automation-Bridge" --net="host" -e SERVERIP="192.168.137.8" -e SERVERPORT="80" -v /storage/downloads/habridge:/config:rw -e TZ="Pacific/Auckland" aptalca/home-automation-bridge

But when I look at the container, it says exited.

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # docker ps -a
    CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                            COMMAND             CREATED             STATUS                     PORTS               NAMES
    96cc921c5951        aptalca/home-automation-bridge   "/sbin/my_init"     9 seconds ago       Exited (1) 3 seconds ago                       Home-Automation-Bridge

if I run it without the /storage in the config location, I get a different error which I suppose is expected.

Code
    docker run -d --name="Home-Automation-Bridge" --net="host" -e SERVERIP="192.168.137.8" -e SERVERPORT="80" -v /downloads/habridge:/config:rw -e TZ="Pacific/Auckland" aptalca/home-automation-bridge
    Code
    LibreELEC:~ # docker run -d --name="Home-Automation-Bridge" --net="host" -e SERVERIP="192.168.137.8" -e SERVERPORT="80" -v /downloads/habridge/:/config:rw -e TZ="Pacific/Auckland" aptalca/home-automation-bridge
    90ed0bb0899ee6138ae09700356d5877bec815493f2249418db60ed2280b4705
    docker: Error response from daemon: error while creating mount source path '/downloads/habridge': mkdir /downloads: read-only file        system.

Before I log something on Github, anyone spot any glaring errors?

Hi,

I can't get LE v 7.0.0 working with a GPIO IR Remote on a RPi3. I put:

Code
    device_tree_overlay=lirc-rpi

in config.txt and when I dmesg I don't receive anything in regards to lirc_rpi.

However when I first install OE and insert above in config.txt and then upgrade to LE, it works. When I dmesg I get:

Code
    5.437279] lirc_rpi: auto-detected active low receiver on GPIO pin 18
    [    5.437449] lirc_rpi lirc_rpi: lirc_dev: driver lirc_rpi registered at minor = 0
    [    5.437453] lirc_rpi: driver registered!
    [    5.575090] input: lircd as /devices/virtual/input/input0

Is there something missing in LE v7.0.0 that OE has? Thanks,

I just tried this on 7.0.1 and it worked without any further configuration. I wrote a post on what I did here XBMCNut: How to enable a GPIO IR Receiver on LibreELEC 7.x.x

Thanks..

it appears that logitec created a kodi profile, i'm using that with a fre ket remaps for personal preferences and it works well.

add a device manufacturer = microsoft, device = kodi (or xbmc)

This fixed 1 & 2 and eliminated the need for 3 (although this would still be cool)

Microsoft>Kodi does not work for me as Harmony assumes you are running a PC with Kodi on it and there is no sleep/resume function which I'm used to. The only one that works reliably is Micrsoft>Media Center SE.

That's great news. Appreciate your help. Wifi was always a fantastic addition to the Raspberry Pi but it just seems to perform so badly. Hopefully the RPI4 will address this with a better solution as near enough every forum relating to the RPI3 you will find people talking about the poor onboard wifi.

So when the dongle turns up. I disable both wired / wireless connections in LibreELEC settings and just let the USB dongle take over and connect to the 5G network? Simple as that?

When you plug in the dongle, you end up with wlan0 (native) and wlan1 (the USB stick). Just choose wlan1 and connect to that. I found that the external 150Mbps 2.4Ghz dongle was marginally faster than the native Wifi at a distance of 5m.

The image stack is as follows:

• Native onboard 2.4Ghz (150Mbps)
    • Edimax 2.4Ghz (150Mbps)
    • Edimax 5Ghz 802.11ac (600Mbps)

As you can see, the 5Ghz AC connection is nowhere near the theoritical and using a 300Mbps 2.4Ghz (with better range than 5Ghz) would probably achieve that too?

That's great news. Appreciate your help. Wifi was always a fantastic addition to the Raspberry Pi but it just seems to perform so badly. Hopefully the RPI4 will address this with a better solution as near enough every forum relating to the RPI3 you will find people talking about the poor onboard wifi.

So when the dongle turns up. I disable both wired / wireless connections in LibreELEC settings and just let the USB dongle take over and connect to the 5G network? Simple as that?

I'll let you know in about 5hrs as I've not tested external WiFi on my new Pi3 yet.

Yep, it will work fine. I've used the following devices on OE without issue.

Cisco-Linksys WUSB600N Dual-Band Wireless-N USB Network Adapter
    EDIMAX WL7811UN 802.11n 150mb Nano USB and clones (do not use)
    EDIMAX EW-7811UTC AC600 Wireless USB Adapter. 802.11ac
    Tenda W311M Wireless-N150
    Tenda W522U dual band wireless N600 USB adapter
    TP-Link TL-WN721N 802.11n g/b Wireless USB Adapter
    TP-Link TL-WN821N 300Mbps Wireless USB Adapter (preferred)

I'll do some speed testing tonight with a 10-15m range from my EA6500 and use both the internal WiFi and my EDIMAX EW-7811UTC AC600 Wireless USB Adapter and report back.

Networking Benchmarks | Raspberry Pi Dramble

Try adding a device as a Microsoft Media Center SE as that what I have used on my LE box with an external RC6 IR receiver and also on several Pi's with the same receiver. Works flawlessly. More info here although I found adding the keyboard was not necessary.

It my testing, the 5Ghz dongles make no performace improvements whatsoever and you're better off with a 300Mbps 2.4Ghz dongle like the TP-Link TL-WN821N. I've used these many times with OE but you will need a 2A power supply as you would with a 5Ghz stick.

P.S Although not a neighbour freindly option, you could change your 2.4Ghz network to be 40Mhz wide and that will help with throughtput. With my Pi testing, that made the difference between being able to stream or not on 2.4Ghz when using an external 150Mbps 2.4Ghz dongle. Whatever you do, never use one of those tiny micro USB dongles as they are completely useless with very poor range and throughput.

I have LE 7.01 running on an ION2 based Zotac Zbox that previously had OE since Alpha 1. I'm using a Harmony Hub with Kodi added as Microsoft Media Centre SE. Eveything works great except that the D-Pad stops responding for 10s after boot which I'm trying to debug this evening. I'd remove the MCE keyboard and re-add as a Media Centre SE and see how that goes.

There are detailed instructions here but I've found that adding the keyboard is not necessary, at least in my setup. This may also be of some value although it's pretty old.