CIR / NUC / Harmony

• ok, three quick questions...

1. for those with NUCs, what 'device' are you adding to your harmony remotes? I added the intel nuc as (Intel media player), but it has limited buttons listed compared to other IR remotes i've used in the past... are there better 'devices' to select within harmony that support more IR codes? I don't mind creating a custom keymap to het things working.

2. Key repeat does not work at all... any thoughts?

3. I was able to pair the harmony hub's bluetooth virtual keyboard to the NUC which could be AWESOME... if I could figure out how to make the harmony smart remote map key presses to bluetooth keyboard strokes... has anyone tried that? I don't see how to map anything on the remote to a bluetooth command.

I'm a noob to the NUC as well as bluetooth with harmony, so if there are better forums to post this in... please let me know.

Thanks!

• Try adding a device as a Microsoft Media Center SE as that what I have used on my LE box with an external RC6 IR receiver and also on several Pi's with the same receiver. Works flawlessly. More info here although I found adding the keyboard was not necessary.

• Thanks..

it appears that logitec created a kodi profile, i'm using that with a fre ket remaps for personal preferences and it works well.

add a device manufacturer = microsoft, device = kodi (or xbmc)

This fixed 1 & 2 and eliminated the need for 3 (although this would still be cool)

• Thanks..

it appears that logitec created a kodi profile, i'm using that with a fre ket remaps for personal preferences and it works well.

add a device manufacturer = microsoft, device = kodi (or xbmc)

This fixed 1 & 2 and eliminated the need for 3 (although this would still be cool)

Microsoft>Kodi does not work for me as Harmony assumes you are running a PC with Kodi on it and there is no sleep/resume function which I'm used to. The only one that works reliably is Micrsoft>Media Center SE.