A tool tool?

• Yes, sry, I could just try it, but is it an installation tool creating 'just' an installation media, or can we use it to create SDs and USBs, which will boot the ready LibreELEC?

And if latter, would it be possible to extend the support to HDDs/SSDs?!

Edited once, last by odoll (August 21, 2016 at 10:16 AM).

• It just writes image to selected USB stick or SD card and creates "install" media.

But writing this same image directly to hard drive is something I'm working too. Needs to check few more things first.

• I used this for:
    Wetek play
    Written image under windows.
    Libreelec version 7.02

It didnt booted from sd card?
    I use openelec on nand. Want to have libreelec sd card installation.

Any I dies why it did not boot from ss card?

Openelec sees sd card. So there is no sd card hardware problem.?.!

• Nice tool! It is a lot easier to create a SD-card for my RPi2 from my Mac...
    One small thing though:
    When I click on "Download" in section 2 it ask for a file in my Downloads-folder, it seems like the download-function does not work (yet). When i provide an already downloaded file, the tool works great!

• When I click on "Download" in section 2 it ask for a file in my Downloads-folder, it seems like the download-function does not work (yet).

It only ask you for a folder where file will be saved. You can't set actual filename there. I think button also say "select folder" and not "select file".

And btw: this is one main function of the tool so would be little strange not to be working

• Isn't there a easy way to get LE on a SSD/HDD?

Searched the forums without luck.

/EDIT:
    Okay found a way to get it done.
    Create a Linux VM and mounted my SSD to it, using the Linux USB creation tool i managed to get LE installed on it.

Edited once, last by schumi2004 (September 29, 2016 at 4:55 PM).

• Isn't there a easy way to get LE on a SSD/HDD?

/EDIT:
    Okay found a way to get it done.
    Create a Linux VM and mounted my SSD to it, using the Linux USB creation tool i managed to get LE installed on it.

What is your idea how this could be done?
    [hr]

Doesn't win32diskimager already do that?

Backup function is on todo list. And yes win32diskimager can do that.

Edited once, last by vpeter (September 29, 2016 at 7:04 PM).

• What is your idea how this could be done?

The old way by creating a bootable USB and install from there or install directly to external HDD.
    But that's the problem with Windows, external HDD's don't show up as a USB or SD card (but as a build in HDD) so you can't select them within tool.

• Not sure why i thought it was different now but you're right. When selecting x86_64 it generates a install disc and not a complete install.

Not sure if current image supports new run mode - can be selected from bootloader menu (install, live, run). In run mode there is no need to make actual installation from one usb stick to another or hdd. If image is put directly to hdd it can be boot and used there.

• It just writes image to selected USB stick or SD card and creates "install" media.

Sry for coming back that late (*) - Yes, I think the tool can make it easier for some audience to bring the image file onto a media.

However frankly I thought in the beginning, that it would 'simplyfy' the process getting to a 'running' system, avoiding the "2 step" process, 1st having to get the image on e.g. USB pen, then booting that pen finally installing LE on the target device.

(*) I just gave it a try, when I wanted to get LE on a (tiny 2 GB) Transcend SSD which I attached via SATA in an ASROCk ION330HT

I PXE booted the ASRock with a Live Ubuntu, dl'ed the (64 bit) USB-SD creator.

But when using it, it didn't find any device.

So I attached an 2 GB USB pen too, writing LE there, dd'ing from /dev/sdb to /dev/sda, however when booting from sda just to find out, that it offers me to install LE to another media ;)