Posts by odoll

It just writes image to selected USB stick or SD card and creates "install" media.

Sry for coming back that late (*) - Yes, I think the tool can make it easier for some audience to bring the image file onto a media.

However frankly I thought in the beginning, that it would 'simplyfy' the process getting to a 'running' system, avoiding the "2 step" process, 1st having to get the image on e.g. USB pen, then booting that pen finally installing LE on the target device.

(*) I just gave it a try, when I wanted to get LE on a (tiny 2 GB) Transcend SSD which I attached via SATA in an ASROCk ION330HT

I PXE booted the ASRock with a Live Ubuntu, dl'ed the (64 bit) USB-SD creator.

But when using it, it didn't find any device.

So I attached an 2 GB USB pen too, writing LE there, dd'ing from /dev/sdb to /dev/sda, however when booting from sda just to find out, that it offers me to install LE to another media ;)

Yes, sry, I could just try it, but is it an installation tool creating 'just' an installation media, or can we use it to create SDs and USBs, which will boot the ready LibreELEC?

And if latter, would it be possible to extend the support to HDDs/SSDs?!