7.0.2.006 build for S905

• Hi ,
    I have sd card boot ok with this build and wifi works ok too.but with nand build install unable to get librelec in my mxq pro.
    I have got extraxted zip file in sd card.also ledtb.img for mxq pro 4k.when i do toothpick method,the box splash logo comes and goes and again comes ,dont get install progress .
    Pls advise what i am doing wrong.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

• BUT: still dvb kernel modules do not load. They are in 3.14.29-media_build

Thank you for noticing this! I needed to change drivers install path and now they should work. Please re-download, update and check!

Which dtb file for mini m8s? I just tried the one for mini mxIII and the update went fine but my wired ethernet connection is no longer accessible. I see from libreelec config that it use ip 169.254.228.34 which doesn't make sense. Wifi is working tough.

Ups. Missed device tree for that one, I though I have double device tree for "M8S II". Give me a few minutes, I will upload it soon. Thanks to JonSnow for pointing me to correct device tree.
    [hr]

I have got extraxted zip file in sd card.also ledtb.img for mxq pro 4k.when i do toothpick method,the box splash logo comes and goes and again comes ,dont get install progress .
    Pls advise what i am doing wrong.

You should also have recovery.img and dtb.img from Android firmware on SD card, as advised in installation instructions.

Edited once, last by kszaq (August 21, 2016 at 9:46 AM).

• You should also have recovery.img and dtb.img from Android firmware on SD card, as advised in installation instructions.

I have that too ,same issue.my sd card file shown in pic.got dtb and recovery img from android fw and ledtb.img from device tree for mxq pro 4k.

Edited once, last by kszaq (August 21, 2016 at 9:55 AM).

• Yeah I have the same file structure as above on my Beelink Mini MX III and I can't get it to install to NAND either. SD and USB work fine but when trying to install to NAND I just get a bootloop on the Beelink bootlogo.

• I have that too ,same issue.my sd card file shown in pic.got dtb and recovery img from android fw and ledtb.img from device tree for mxq pro 4k.

Delete aml_autoscript and try again.

Same for me with Mini M8s II
    tried with toothpick method and deleted dtb of course.

You can try not deleting dtb.img, although in that case USB port and Ethernet might not work. Also make sure that you have the latest Android version installed before trying LE.

• EDIT:

With dtb file my Mini M8s II shows:

Code
    Error in mount_flash: mount_common: Could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 
    can't access tty: job control turned off

so same as without dtb file.

Android version is newest (from 05-08-2016).

Tried also with dtb from android update. Also no success.

Edited once, last by lama0900 (August 21, 2016 at 10:12 AM).

• Would dvb-t2/s2 works with tvheadend on KII PRO device?.

No, I still don't have a driver for internal tuners that I can use and box manufacturer is "considering" my request for the driver.

Hope it will happen soon. Thanks.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• KII Pro: Update don't work.
    I downloaded the img in the .update folder, restart and wait for update. When finish update, the BOX restart but the first logo is not LibreElec but original.
    I copied the two new files (aml_autoscript and correct device tree renamed)

At the end, The box don't restart anymore, it stop on the first ORIGINAL (not LibreElec) Logo and not go away.

BIG PROBLEM: my box don't restart anymore also without the SD, so I loose the android original Install!! Please help me!

• I tried install to sd card on Nexbox A95X (S905X chip) but got "SH: can't access tty job" error.

I can't use tootpick method to boot to recovery because the box doesn't has recovery button inside AV hole. So I used random zip file put on sd card and choose update from update app. It seems to boot from sd card but only to show the error above.

How can I fix this? Infact I really want to install to NAND but afraid of bricking it. And I don't know how can I get S905X's dtb.img file from factory Android update.

Same here, but the real error is some lines above: can't mount /dev/mmcblk0p1

btw i extracted the dtb from boot image of my A95X (s905x) 2G/16G, does it needs to be modified for LE?!?!

• Delete aml_autoscript and try again.

You can try not deleting dtb.img, although in that case USB port and Ethernet might not work. Also make sure that you have the latest Android version installed before trying LE.

I deleted aml-autoscript in sd card and flashed.
    Flash starts but goes in loop.i mean flash progress finish ,reboots and flash again starts.box get bricked and i used usb burning tool to recover to android.

• Damn,
    Missed this reply and already flashed it. No Ethernet.
    Maybe name this box MiniM8sPro i knew something was a miss and sent my link of uploaded dtb

gxbb_p200_2G_t95n_2g.dtb

Device tree above worked for the T95N MiniM8s Pro.

I have tried BOTH update and fresh install methods. Both worked.

Please everyone make a SIGNATURE similar to mine below to help kszaq and others to help you.
    We cant help if we dont know your box or OE and Android Versions.

Thanks again kszaq i will test this new version and report back later.

Edited once, last by kostaman (August 21, 2016 at 12:34 PM).

• 4K output doesn't work properly due to patches that fix resolution switching. To troubleshoot this, I ask 4K TV owners to paste output of cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap command. Please don't paste this for 1080p TVs.

I've opened a new thread for this: LibreELEC

• I followed the instructions, it installed fine but my remote doesn't work. I plugged a keyboard in and it seems to be working.

Had to copy my remote.conf into config dir, its working now.

I copied my remote.conf to the root directory of the SD card which worked also.

• Hi all, I have just updated from 005 build running on SD card to 006 build by copying img.gz to update folder and rebooting. This results in box not being able to boot from SD card stuck on original boot screen (not LibreElec boot screen, but the manufacturer teddy bear wlcome screen). If SD card is removed box boots to original Android OS on NAND without an issue. Does this mean that the Device Tree for my box is missiing/incorrect ??

Beelink MiniMX V1 - 2gb RAM / 16Gb Flash

I was able to use the update method previously without any issue, i.e: I updated from a previous build to 005 by copying image.gz to the update folder and this worked fine.

Edited once, last by xsi (August 21, 2016 at 1:33 PM).

• Hi all, I have just updated from 005 build running on SD card to 006 build by copying img.gz to update folder and rebooting. This results in box not being able to boot from SD card stuck on original boot screen (not LibreElec boot screen, but the manufacturer teddy bear wlcome screen). If SD card is removed box boots to original Android OS on NAND without an issue. Does this mean that the Device Tree for my box is missiing/incorrect ??

Beelink MiniMX V1 - 2gb RAM / 16Gb Flash

I was able to use the update method previously without any issue, i.e: I updated from a previous build to 005 by copying image.gz to the update folder and this worked fine.

Once you're at that point you still need to:
    - take the sd card out and stick it in your pc
    - add the dtb.img
    - add the aml_autoscript
    - stick it back in the box and boot using the toothpick or recovery method.

It's all in the first post!
    [hr]
    Edit:
    Just to confirm...
    Beelink minimxiii

-works fine via sd card
    -works fine with usb stick in both usb ports

Thanks kszaq.

Edited once, last by trogggy (August 21, 2016 at 1:53 PM).

• A95X s905x uartlog, using dtb extracted from my stock boot partition (without dtb.img still same issue)
    The log ends early, then after few seconds the error on screen is "could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p1" (which is fat partition of sdcard i suppose)
    Booting from ubd pendrive, the error is "could not mount LABEL=BOOT"

btw, usb infos from uboot are these:

gxl_p212_v1#usb start
    (Re)start USB...
    USB0: USB3.0 XHCI init start
    Register 2000140 NbrPorts 2
    Starting the controller
    USB XHCI 1.00
    scanning bus 0 for devices... 2 USB Device(s) found
    scanning usb for storage devices... 1 Storage Device(s) found
    gxl_p212_v1#usb tree
    USB device tree: