Posts by Geremia

Geremia 24p works fine for me on S905X. Please post link to a sample that causes issues for you.

Found the issue (which seems to be kodi related?), if i set kodi interface resolution to any interlaced resolution (50i, 60i) then the auto framerate doesn't switch to 24p, instead it choose 60i with 2:3 pulldown

Code
    21:44:50 T:546546381024  NOTICE:  fps: 23.976024, pwidth: 1920, pheight: 1040, dwidth: 1920, dheight: 1040
    21:44:50 T:546546381024   DEBUG: OutputPicture - change configuration. 1920x1040. framerate: 23.98. format: BYPASS
    21:44:50 T:546546381024   DEBUG: Resolution 1920x1080 @ 50.00i - Full Screen (16) not a very good match for fps 23.976 (weight: 0.043), trying 2:3 cadence
    21:44:50 T:546546381024  NOTICE: Display resolution ADJUST : 1920x1080 @ 60.00i - Full Screen (17) (weight: 0.001)

If kodi interface is set to any progressive resolution, the auto refresh rate finds the correct nearest best resolution 24p

My box doesn't has reset button in AV port, so toothpick method is not an option for me.

But it boots directly from sd card either with Pulsar or kszaq build. Only Pulsar build is working though.

I think pulsar mentioned somewhere else a quick&dirt workaround for the missing recovery switch: assuming you have a working android running, put a fakeupdate.zip file (empty file is ok) on sdcard, then launch the UPDATE app. The update app will issue a reboot with "update" as argument. Then u-boot will parse reboot arg, for "update" (and for "cold_boot") it will run recovery.img or aml_autoscript. But, you should already have done it at least one time, to launch kszaq image first time, or did you used another method?

Btw for backup all partitions, i just used the RootBrowser app already installed by nexbox, can't read /dev/block but can read /dev/block/platform/d0074000.emmc/

A95X s905x uartlog, using dtb extracted from my stock boot partition (without dtb.img still same issue)
    The log ends early, then after few seconds the error on screen is "could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p1" (which is fat partition of sdcard i suppose)
    Booting from ubd pendrive, the error is "could not mount LABEL=BOOT"

btw, usb infos from uboot are these:

gxl_p212_v1#usb start
    (Re)start USB...
    USB0: USB3.0 XHCI init start
    Register 2000140 NbrPorts 2
    Starting the controller
    USB XHCI 1.00
    scanning bus 0 for devices... 2 USB Device(s) found
    scanning usb for storage devices... 1 Storage Device(s) found
    gxl_p212_v1#usb tree
    USB device tree:
    1 Hub (5 Gb/s, 0mA)
    | u-boot XHCI Host Controller
    |
    +-2 Mass Storage (480 Mb/s, 100mA)
    Kingston DataTraveler G2 000AEB91BC94A961057001E2

I tried install to sd card on Nexbox A95X (S905X chip) but got "SH: can't access tty job" error.

I can't use tootpick method to boot to recovery because the box doesn't has recovery button inside AV hole. So I used random zip file put on sd card and choose update from update app. It seems to boot from sd card but only to show the error above.

How can I fix this? Infact I really want to install to NAND but afraid of bricking it. And I don't know how can I get S905X's dtb.img file from factory Android update.

Same here, but the real error is some lines above: can't mount /dev/mmcblk0p1

btw i extracted the dtb from boot image of my A95X (s905x) 2G/16G, does it needs to be modified for LE?!?!

U-boot is not needed, this is handled by your manufacturer and my LE builds do not replace it. I guess it would be enough to provide an upadted kernel and you will probably see it in the next build. Also, I don't think that gxl is S905X, it's a slightly updated gxbb.

Hi,
    I got a crappy nexbox A95X (new one with S905X), there is not yet any official stock recovery, but there is one for similar model nexbox A5 (s905x too)
    Nexbox A5 Amlogic S905X 2G/16G TV Box Firmware 20160809 -
    So i downloaded it and extracted content with amlogic configtool.
    in the recovery partition, there is a /sbin/recovery elf, but it doesn't look for "aml_autoscript", just for factory_update_param.aml. Furthermore, it doesn't look for "updater-script" in the update zip package, just looks for "update-binary".
    I'm new to android tv stuff, so.... question: how does libreelec installation/runfromSD works usually? I suppose aml_autoscript and updater-script are 2 holes for the trick, correct?
    So, if missing, needs a look at uboot to see if there is some way to boot from sdcard instead of nand?
    In that fw package for A5, in extracted dir there are aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT and UBOOT.USB, but, aside the fact that ascii inside recalls of it being aes encrypted, what are them? Are them uboot updates or are them alternate uboots, that gets runs instead of the uboot already in nand? Is there another bootloader prior of uboot that choose which uboot jmp to?

Maybe it's time for me to hook uart and have a talk to uboot.