Early community images for H3, H6 and A64

• Hi! I'm new in the forum, but I thought giving my 5 cents about this LE image was worth the subscription :)

I've checked it with an orange pi pc plus (wifi, 8GB EMMC), with a 16 GB, chinese class 10 SD card, for some minutes

I had quite a lot of artifacts decoding some h264 files, not too much with some h265, only installed **PIRACY** addon (worked OK), good ethernet speed. Right now it's not totally usable if you get artifacts/glitches in all h264 videos, but it's really good.

• Hi! I'm new in the forum, but I thought giving my 5 cents about this LE image was worth the subscription :)

I've checked it with an orange pi pc plus (wifi, 8GB EMMC), with a 16 GB, chinese class 10 SD card, for some minutes

I had quite a lot of artifacts decoding some h264 files, not too much with some h265, only installed **PIRACY** addon (worked OK), good ethernet speed. Right now it's not totally usable if you get artifacts/glitches in all h264 videos, but it's really good.

The addon you installed is a piracy addon. Go read the forum rules.

• Hi Jernej,

first, thanks a lot for your amazing work! Here my observations on my Orange Pi PC:

• Sound doesn't work at all, not just in media, also no GUI sounds. Device is directly connected to a (Samsung) TV via HDMI.
    • H.264: DVB-C recordings from public TV by tvheadend in Matroska container: no glitches 🙂.
      MP4 container: Recordings from Android smartphone: strong glitches. Various videos downloaded from the Internet: From no to strong glitches, they do not depend on the resolution.
    • H.265: DVB-T2 recordings from public TV by tvheadend in Matroska container: very strong glitches, unusable 😞.

I hope the problems can get fixed, keep up the great work!

• can you please check OP for update file and install it? H264 should be much better (almost usable) now for non-interlaced content. I also removed some HDMI audio WIP patches which probably cause issues on your setup.

I tried to update, but it didn't work. I copied the tar and sha256 file to the .update folder and rebooted. After the reboot the files were gone, but the system not updated. When I enter Index of /updates/ or a web server in my LAN in the user configurable update fields I get the message "invalid URL".

I cannot find anything regarding the updates in the Kodi logs. Is there anything I can do to change this?

I use a 1 GB card and system partition is 512 MB. Is this too small?

• 1GB is too small as you only have 512MB for /storage which is where the update file (.tar) and decompressed update files + Kodi data need to coexist at some point for the update to work. 4GB is a sensible minimum, 8GB or 16GB are better sizes to use. 1GB cards will be older and dog slow to use too.

Well, 1 GB cards worked for me in the past, as the media files are on different devices and it's a fast one (for that time). I thought the tar file is directly extracted to the system partition and extra space on the user (/storage) partition would not be an issue. I deleted test files that I had copied on that partition and now there was even space enough for the update 🙂.

• can you please check OP for update file and install it? H264 should be much better (almost usable) now for non-interlaced content. I also removed some HDMI audio WIP patches which probably cause issues on your setup.

Jernej, sorry for the confusion with the update because of my card, now it worked. Sorry also regarding the sound issue: I now connected it to my (Onkyo) AV receiver and locally decoded sound works, both GUI and in media files. Passthrough with AC3 did not work though, the AV receiver played "white noise". So 'no sound' seems to be an issue special to my TV. HDMI CEC also does not work, but that is probably also special to the TV.

Indeed, much improvement regarding the glimpes with H.264! The videos from the smartphone now work without any 🙂. In general: No "wrong/random color block" glimpses any more at all. With some videos from public TV media libraries text and other sharp contrast blocks "jump", so that the video starts to flickr. Some videos downloaded from the Internet in MP4 containers stop playing after a few seconds. They have main@3 or 3.1 profile, if that helps you. Also the sound in them (AAC) does not work. Probably they are somewhat out of the norm, but they work on a Raspi 1 with Kodi 18 beta 1.

Edited 2 times, last by Kristian (September 19, 2018 at 12:52 PM).

• Added. Support for 2 GB RAM boards is fixed now. cmd42 I re-uploaded image for plus, which should work on plus2 now.

I also updated codec limitations and hopefully they are more clear now.

Wifi not working like OP so i can't test ir remote (config). Green spot still showing, no audio hdmi

• Added. Support for 2 GB RAM boards is fixed now. cmd42 I re-uploaded image for plus, which should work on plus2 now.

I also updated codec limitations and hopefully they are more clear now.

Some video still full green screen, some video lagging and showing block block

• Hello dear jernej

I would like to ask you to make an image for orange pi lite.

By hardware, the device almost does not differ from the orange pi PC. Put libreelec for PC, and the only thing that does not work is wifi.

If you do not want to support lite, can you tell me a way to replace the drivers in your build?

Thank you