LibreELEC 8.x images for additional dvb drivers

• hi cvh, i suffer under the same dvb problem. Great idea to put the driver in an add on. i tried your 8.2 LE with dvb drivers and the latest milhouse build, but it did not change a bit. unfortunately my dvb stick is not included. can u add the driver for the sheep dvb c/T (hanf, rokoo) stick Hardware inside Panasonic MN88473, too. That would be great and u will get a beer.....thanks

Rokoo USB HD Digital Satelliten USB DVB-T2: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

• Hi.Little question :

Ist the PINNACLE 7010ix TV Card (PCIe) supported in your Build ?

My other TV Card TT-S2 4100 just runs fine with Crazycat Drivers.

Just thx for your work.

It would be great when there is a "list" with all supported Cards that are running with your Build. Greatz =)

• Hey,

I'm having issues with my WinTV-soloHD. Although it is listed on my pi, it is not listed in the tvheadend webinterface.

However, everytime I try to install your update, there is a problem with the Kernel. The message goes "Missing kernel .img or SYSTEM!" What am I doing wrong because I put the file in the update directory, just like you describe it.

Thanks,

Matze

• However, everytime I try to install your update, there is a problem with the Kernel. The message goes "Missing kernel .img or SYSTEM!" What am I doing wrong because I put the file in the update directory, just like you describe it.

Thanks,

Matze

Are you sure you chose the correct image? You do not specify which hardware you are using, but there are different images for x86 or raspberry machines.

• Oh yeah, sorry, I did not mention my setup.

I got a Raspberry Pi 3 and I thought that "LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2.0-dvb-1.1.img.gz" would be the right choice for me. Is that correct?

UPDATE: Of course, it was not correct. Stupid mistake. Now I try to get my tvheadend running.

Edited once, last by matze_xix (January 28, 2018 at 7:39 AM).

• Hi everyone. I'm sorta new to the Libreelec scene, but fairly familiar with Linux in general. I've gotten a Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD usb tuner, plugged it into my RPi2, installed the 1.1.1 image from this thread...and I think I've got it mostly working. I was able to configure the tuner (showed up as 4 possible devices?)

My problem now is that after a few minutes of uptime, the entire RPi locks up/dies. HDMI goes black/invalid output, SSH is gone, network is gone (can't ping it).

I'm wondering if this is because the tuner is drawing too much power? Is that a possibliity? Should I look at a powered HUB or a better PS for my RPi? Is there anything else I can do to help debug? (like enable logging that will persist cross the crash/reboot?)

Thanks for any help...Sorry if it isn't appropriate here. I can move to its own thread if needed.

• Hi everyone. I'm sorta new to the Libreelec scene, but fairly familiar with Linux in general. I've gotten a Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD usb tuner, plugged it into my RPi2, installed the 1.1.1 image from this thread...and I think I've got it mostly working. I was able to configure the tuner (showed up as 4 possible devices?)

My problem now is that after a few minutes of uptime, the entire RPi locks up/dies. HDMI goes black/invalid output, SSH is gone, network is gone (can't ping it).

I'm wondering if this is because the tuner is drawing too much power? Is that a possibliity? Should I look at a powered HUB or a better PS for my RPi? Is there anything else I can do to help debug? (like enable logging that will persist cross the crash/reboot?)

Thanks for any help...Sorry if it isn't appropriate here. I can move to its own thread if needed.

Sounds very much like a power issue. I find my Pi2 does much the same when its asked to do demanding work. I had to remove overclocking to get reasonably consistent performance.

Shoog

• Quick followup. I put a powered USB hub between the RPi and the tuner, problem seems to have gone away. Now I'm just seeing a little stuttering when trying to watch via a remote client (NVidia Shield, via 100g switch connection to RPi).

How can I figure out where the bottleneck is? I'm not sure how old the USB hub is (definitely not USB3, maybe not even be USB2: usb-devices shows it as a USB2 hub ), or is this because of shared bandwidth of USB with ethernet on RPi? Am I just asking too much of my little RPi?

If the answer to the last question is yes, I'm open to suggestions. I would like to reuse the WinTV-dualHD tuner but am open to any other device to setup as a dedicated TVheadend server only (or is there something better than TVheadend?)