Posts by arvoreen

Quick followup. I put a powered USB hub between the RPi and the tuner, problem seems to have gone away. Now I'm just seeing a little stuttering when trying to watch via a remote client (NVidia Shield, via 100g switch connection to RPi).

How can I figure out where the bottleneck is? I'm not sure how old the USB hub is (definitely not USB3, maybe not even be USB2: usb-devices shows it as a USB2 hub ), or is this because of shared bandwidth of USB with ethernet on RPi? Am I just asking too much of my little RPi?

If the answer to the last question is yes, I'm open to suggestions. I would like to reuse the WinTV-dualHD tuner but am open to any other device to setup as a dedicated TVheadend server only (or is there something better than TVheadend?)

Hi everyone. I'm sorta new to the Libreelec scene, but fairly familiar with Linux in general. I've gotten a Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD usb tuner, plugged it into my RPi2, installed the 1.1.1 image from this thread...and I think I've got it mostly working. I was able to configure the tuner (showed up as 4 possible devices?)

My problem now is that after a few minutes of uptime, the entire RPi locks up/dies. HDMI goes black/invalid output, SSH is gone, network is gone (can't ping it).

I'm wondering if this is because the tuner is drawing too much power? Is that a possibliity? Should I look at a powered HUB or a better PS for my RPi? Is there anything else I can do to help debug? (like enable logging that will persist cross the crash/reboot?)

Thanks for any help...Sorry if it isn't appropriate here. I can move to its own thread if needed.