LibreELEC 8.x images for additional dvb drivers

• idk really, 7.0 uses the same tvh like 8.0 so it works. The only problem would be if you update from some old 4.0 install then it is known that it won't work

It says I'm currently using: HTS Tvheadend 4.1.2415 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v8.1.109

I can set recordings using the app on my phone, and within LE, but not through the web interface...

• hey CvH , is there a 8.0 with your dvb drivers in the works?

hell been waiting for this to happen, my clients are running the new 8.0 libreelec.. would be sick if I could get this on the server (lounge htpc)

gotta love Estuary and the new chorus web theme. elite

a little bit unhappy with the lack of addon support however... seems not even the libreelec old releases work with addons. distro related? probably would work on kodi out-of-the-box releases. plexus through addon installer etc

Edited once, last by highkick05 (March 1, 2017 at 2:02 AM).

• we are supporting everything kodi supports - banned addons etc is a problem of the banned repo providers :)

official LE8 includes the crazycat drivers (tbs + additions), "my driver" image is currently under construction

no probs cheers. ur a champ

• Index of /LibreELEC/8.0_Krypton/Generic-x86_64/
    for the digital device images, btw If I got the build error sorted out I provide all in one images !

just went for the standard libreelec 8.0 x86_64 image of the download page , as you said - Clean install -

To my surprise first dmesg on default install tbs5990 came up and worked flawlessly. lol (with also the bulk transfer setting in /storage/.config/modprobe.d )

setting up all my channels again through tvheadend 4.2 / simple iptv as pvr client , cos I've gotten sick of the hanging when dish moves.

Awesome work.

Might trial VDR eventually , cos I think it may have been bundled well in libreelec.

• Hello guys,
    I have the Montage M88DC2800 card in my openelec system to make use of dvb-c.
    In your current build it works without any problems, but on official LibreElec 7.* it was not detected.
    Do you think it will work on Libreelec 8 ?

• Hey - I'm using a Cvh 7.0 image from last year. My BGT3602 card is supported by the CrazyCat driver option. However with a vanilla 8.0 image the card is not recognised anymore.

Is the stock 8.0 image using CrazyCat's linux_tree and if so does that mean that support for the BT3602 (SAA7231) has been removed?

• Hey - I'm using a Cvh 7.0 image from last year. My BGT3602 card is supported by the CrazyCat driver option. However with a vanilla 8.0 image the card is not recognised anymore.

Is the stock 8.0 image using CrazyCat's linux_tree and if so does that mean that support for the BT3602 (SAA7231) has been removed?

Nevermind - I can see that my card used to be supported with the old CrazyCat linux-tbs-drivers package but that's not being used anymore.

I'm now attempting to port the driver into a media_build patch and hopefully that will be a sustainable approach to keeping my card supported.

CvH is cvh/LE8-dvb-drivers your branch that you'll use to compile your additional drivers images?

if so there's a typo in the media_build package:

• Official Post

Which build would I need for TBS6981 card?

official LibreELEC 8.0.x should work

I have the Montage M88DC2800 card

They should work out of the box with the official image (8.0 is latest) - if not pls send a dmesg | paste maybe some trivial error (missing firmware ...).

if so there's a typo in the media_build package:

tx for the find, for this i had searched for ages (didn't even saw the mistake with the diff -.-)

• tx for the find, for this i had searched for ages (didn't even saw the mistake with the diff -.-)

No bother - there's some other fixes needed in order that the image is built.

I changed the symlinks from /usr/lib -> /lib to be usr/lib -> /lib that way the depmod call doesn't try and load the modules from the host root dir - another option might be a chroot or something? Not sure this is the best way to do it.

Also the busybox binaries don't seem to support ln calls when in the initramfs (or whatever stage it is). So the select_drivers() function call in busybox/scripts/init fails. I modified the busybox config to include LN support but for some reason this isn't working for me. I'd really like to get this functioning as I managed to get the driver to compile with the latest media_build sources.

These are all the changes I've made to get the image to build -> AWFJ

Edited once, last by alcoheca (March 6, 2017 at 10:32 PM).

• Incase anyone is interested I have the BlackGold BGT3602/3600 working in vanilla LibreELEC 8.0. The changes to get it to compile with latest media_build package were actually pretty minimal, just minor API changes. I went with patching vanilla LibreELEC as I couldn't work out your init changes.

fHMZ is the diff.

Very happy that I can continue to use this card as it cost a shit load of money and has four tuners..