Posts by alcoheca

Happy to do that, I'm no kernel driver expert though so couldn't help bug fixing for it. The driver was written years ago by Manu Abraham but never made it beyond the linux-tv mailing list. CrazyCat fixed it up a little and it was available via the linux-tbs-drivers repo while that lasted. It's GPLv2 though so all good for me.

I've only been able to confirm the DVB-S2 part of the card is functioning, but it's functioning perfectly. This card also has a dual DVB-T2/C tuner which was supposedly supported by the same SAA7231 driver + some additional frontends/tuner drivers.

It'll be a couple of weeks before a PR as I'm away on holiday soon.

Incase anyone is interested I have the BlackGold BGT3602/3600 working in vanilla LibreELEC 8.0. The changes to get it to compile with latest media_build package were actually pretty minimal, just minor API changes. I went with patching vanilla LibreELEC as I couldn't work out your init changes.

fHMZ is the diff.

Very happy that I can continue to use this card as it cost a shit load of money and has four tuners..

tx for the find, for this i had searched for ages (didn't even saw the mistake with the diff -.-)

No bother - there's some other fixes needed in order that the image is built.

I changed the symlinks from /usr/lib -> /lib to be usr/lib -> /lib that way the depmod call doesn't try and load the modules from the host root dir - another option might be a chroot or something? Not sure this is the best way to do it.

Also the busybox binaries don't seem to support ln calls when in the initramfs (or whatever stage it is). So the select_drivers() function call in busybox/scripts/init fails. I modified the busybox config to include LN support but for some reason this isn't working for me. I'd really like to get this functioning as I managed to get the driver to compile with the latest media_build sources.

These are all the changes I've made to get the image to build -> AWFJ

Hey - I'm using a Cvh 7.0 image from last year. My BGT3602 card is supported by the CrazyCat driver option. However with a vanilla 8.0 image the card is not recognised anymore.

Is the stock 8.0 image using CrazyCat's linux_tree and if so does that mean that support for the BT3602 (SAA7231) has been removed?

Nevermind - I can see that my card used to be supported with the old CrazyCat linux-tbs-drivers package but that's not being used anymore.

I'm now attempting to port the driver into a media_build patch and hopefully that will be a sustainable approach to keeping my card supported.

CvH is cvh/LE8-dvb-drivers your branch that you'll use to compile your additional drivers images?

if so there's a typo in the media_build package:

Sry I have no idea from what are you talking about

there is something coming - not sure when not sure how - but an improvement

That's what I'm talking about. Instead of having to download your images which are just an extra few kernel modules, the modules are installed via an addon. The kernel would need to insmod compatible modules from the addon folder. Each addon would be tied to a particular Libreelec release, presuming that the kernel version had changed.

Is there any move towards making that happen? Or even just including your modules and the dvb driver addon as a system addon with LibreElec releases. Disabled by default.