LibreELEC 8.x images for additional dvb drivers

• Which error do you see?

can't remember but looked like some real problems, btw used the same but won't build even at clean build O_o (maybe ccache did some magic)

*edit works* even with my old branch that i used for it to build (only rebased ontop of current LE8)
    I uploaded a fixed version as soon the LE server are running again.

• Which error do you see? I tested the official drivers successfully about two weeks ago using this package.mk.

It may look familiar to you as it is "borrowed" from your GitHub repository.

Could you probably please share a generic build with official dd drivers?
    Have no build environment right now. Building in VM is really slow, can't wait to have my pc in the new flat!

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

• Are there mirrors for downloading the update image with drivers?
    Any links I found seem to be down for at least 12 hours ("cvh.libreelec.tv took too long to respond.")

I'm new to this gig (linux) but I've been a long-time Mediaportal and Kodi user on Windows (same hardware). It looks like all the work CvH has done will help me get my system running with TBS drivers working (TBS6982 and TBS6280, DVB-S and DVB-T).
    I've struggled for hours (maybe days) attempting to get drivers to work on other distros (Debian, Ubuntu, etc...), every time with a different error using either the opensource or proprietary TBS drivers.
    I'm hoping that this openelec version (with update) will provide me with the ability to achieve this (Google Live Channels app) on an nVidia shield.
    Eventually achieving the promised land of all my channels, recordings and streams accessible directly in TV's interface (Android TV, Sony, etc...) with no connected box except one TVheadend server. This will require a new TV, Google to sort out their DVR stuff and a TVheadend app out of beta.

• Hi all,
    I had my Libreelec working on 7.0.2 with the dvb drivers build. I think I needed to use the crazycat option in the driver selector to get my DVBsky dvb-s s830 tuner to work.
    I upgraded to the generic 7.95.1 because it said that the driver support had been migrated on mass to the official build. However when I load it and check the webinterface of TVheadend I only find my Hauppauge DVB-T card showing up. It seems that there is no longer the module loader plugin so I have no way of loading in the appropriate module to get my DVBsky card working. When I look at dmesg there is no obvious sign of my dvbsky card. Its based upon the Montage M88TS2020 chip.

So is there any work around to get this card working in 7.95.1 or am I going to have to downgrade ?

Stephen

• I release as usual a build with different drivers, BUT i guess the old drivers won't build anymore.
    But you can send a dmesg | paste and I can have a look maybe a simple fix.

bdLR

I have downgraded back to 7.0.2 in the mean time, but it trashed a few things which I am having to rebuild. Messed with my python which has upset my skins.

Sorry just realised thats the dmesg from after the downgrade - so nothing useful to offer for debugging sorry.

Stephen

Edited once, last by Shoog (January 27, 2017 at 7:08 PM).

• as far i can see there is no real reason why it won't work in 7.95.1, maybe the card needs an changed fw but that has to be tested as it is pure guess

I grabbed all the firmwares and placed them into the firmware file - but that didn't help.

Going to just settle back into 7.0.2 when I finish repairing it.

Stephen

• Works like a charm, thanks a lot!

Just a small question, got my workstation up yesterday and tried to build right out of the master branch. But build is stopping at lirc (hunk #1 failed), seems to be some problems with the patches, is that true or maybe something while downloading lirc sources went wrong at my place?

BR Luke

• Hello everybody!

I have a TBS 5680 DVB-C USB Tuner (link).
    The tuner has worked like a charm in older releases done by you CvH, but after updating to the recent builds it doesnt find the tuner during startup. Dont remember what release i was on before, but it was some release from summer/fall 2016.

Is there some way to doublecheck if tbs5680 is supported within the driver thats shipped with the 7.95.1 betas?

Here are dmesg from two of the images i tested with:

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.95.1
    LibreELEC_7.95.1 - Pastebin.com

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.95.1-cc-drivers-18.01.2017
    LibreELEC_7.95.1-CC - Pastebin.com

(When LibreELEC had booted up, i tried to disconnect/connect the USB-tuner. So thats the thingie that shows up last in the dmesg-logs)

• But build is stopping at lirc (hunk #1 failed)

The lirc ppl messed up their release and the "old" 0.9.4 is not the same like the new 0.9.4 so the patch won't fit anymore. Pls remove the zip file from the sources/ folder and repeat again.

I have a TBS 5680 DVB-C USB Tuner

The Tuner is not yet supported by the TBS driver :(

Pls open an issue here and ask about it Issues · tbsdtv/linux_media · GitHub