Posts by undertext

Hello everybody!

I have a TBS 5680 DVB-C USB Tuner (link).
    The tuner has worked like a charm in older releases done by you CvH, but after updating to the recent builds it doesnt find the tuner during startup. Dont remember what release i was on before, but it was some release from summer/fall 2016.

Is there some way to doublecheck if tbs5680 is supported within the driver thats shipped with the 7.95.1 betas?

Here are dmesg from two of the images i tested with:

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.95.1
    LibreELEC_7.95.1 - Pastebin.com

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.95.1-cc-drivers-18.01.2017
    LibreELEC_7.95.1-CC - Pastebin.com

(When LibreELEC had booted up, i tried to disconnect/connect the USB-tuner. So thats the thingie that shows up last in the dmesg-logs)

The error says that the storage Path is not found - this is due the LiveBoot. You could do it manually. Just create dvb-drivers.txt in downloads.
    In the dvb-drivers.txt needs to be one of this.

Code
    4.4.7-tbs
    4.4.7-tbs-dvbc
    4.4.7-crazycat
    4.4.7-ljalves-cc
    4.4.7-media_build

But you have to look that you write this in this file without ANY space character or line ending.

I just want to report back after my clean LE-installation (of this 1.01 customimage). All went fine but I got the same errormessage as JohnBoyz, the workaround that CvH pasted here did the trick for me (the .txt file was missing).

I now have everything up and running again. Smooth installation and my TBS5680 (usb) worked instantly after installing the Crazycat driver :D