LibreELEC 8.x images for additional dvb drivers

• Hi CvH,

Your build is working great, all my tuners are fine for watching TV thanks.

I have found a small bug though, the stream information is not being passed through to kodi anymore (I'm sure it did on your previous test build 0.3). Probs something to keep in mind if your build is to be merged with the master.

Screenshot

Cheers,

Neil

• CvH, please can you help.
    I'm really struggling to get this HDstar dvb-s2 v3 to work on x86 and pi3

It's working on 1 build from afl, but it's for amlogic s905 - so the hardware is not broken

I'll donate well + can send you one of the tuners for free.

device shows up in pretty much all versions but finds no channels.

in afl version, it shows up in tvheadend and works, but looks like this
    Montage Technology DS3000/TS2020

in all other versions it looks like this :
    Montage Technology DS3000

without the TS2020

not sure if that helps. I've noticed it is using dvb-fe-ds3000.fw
    checking linuxtv, shows about which MD5 is the latest one, and checking the libreelec fw, that is version dvb-fe-ds300x.fw
    i've copied this out and renamed to dvb-fe-ds3000.fw, and put in .config/firmware .. but no difference. (in 7.02 and 7.10)

Edited once, last by snailboy1 (December 25, 2016 at 12:32 AM).

• Thanks a lot.

-
    Same issue though - seems recognized fine like your other builds, has good signals etc, but no channels found, no data.

This is also recognized as > "Montage Technology DS3000"
    where as afl's build recognizes as > "Montage Technology DS3000/TS2020

quote from here about a patch > New Raspbian images available now with HDStar support - Outernet Receiver (ORx) - Outernet | Discussions

It was written for 3.18, but I'm applying it against 4.1 in ORx and it just works. EDIT: I should also note that HDStar on 4.x kernels is correctly recognized, but does not work. You do get a frontend device in the dev tree, but it is not able to tune in or anything. Patch applies cleanly and device subsequently works.

• Same issue though - seems recognized fine like your other builds, has good signals etc, but no channels found, no data.

it looks like there is a driver failure
    dvb-usb: recv bulk message failed: -110
    dw2102: i2c transfer failed.

The patch won't help because this is heavily outdated since kernel ~4.4 and the card is supported by the kernel, but you could open a ticket here Issues · crazycat69/linux_media · GitHub maybe CrazyCat can help you. But before you do this pls try to copy the dvb-fe-ds300x.fw to the folder /storage/.config/firmware/ and rename it to dvb-fe-ds3000.fw and reboot -> dmesg and have a look if the same errors appear.

7.90.010 for Pi 2/3?

tomorrow ;)

• it looks like there is a driver failure
    dvb-usb: recv bulk message failed: -110
    dw2102: i2c transfer failed.

The patch won't help because this is heavily outdated since kernel ~4.4 and the card is supported by the kernel, but you could open a ticket here Issues · crazycat69/linux_media · GitHub maybe CrazyCat can help you. But before you do this pls try to copy the dvb-fe-ds300x.fw to the folder /storage/.config/firmware/ and rename it to dvb-fe-ds3000.fw and reboot -> dmesg and have a look if the same errors appear.

here is dmesg with firmware swap

i'll see if i can get afl to comment here (to see how he did it) and see if crazycat will respond, thanks
    [hr]
    CvH,
    i just got a respons from afl, he said

I only used the latest version of media_build http://mycvh.de/openelec/media_build/med...9bf.tar.xz
    In kszaq's latest Krypton build is included media_build.

but - i just tried it and the same issue

-

crazycat has done an update he has just told me here - 4 days ago > Commits · crazycat69/linux_media · GitHub

I guess i can try to test them on ubuntu

Edited once, last by snailboy1 (December 27, 2016 at 5:13 PM).

• yes it includes dw2102: Combine SU3000 (and OEM) support

Thank you very much. This works :D

and with this build i can run both my t230 + hdstar

lots of kisses <3 and big thanks to crazycat.

-

Issue - i'm getting lots of continuity errors with both devices. every 10-15 seconds or so. TV almost watchable just corrupts every now and then.
    I'm using an acer revo mini pc, it has something like a dual core 1.6ghz atom + 4gb ram.

Watching "top" whilst simultaneously watching live TV, i notice that at the exact time the errors occurs i see gdb in top spiking at 90% CPU.

Is gdb spiking because there are continuity errors every now and then, or is gdp the cause of the continuity errors due to spiking CPU load.

Edited once, last by snailboy1 (December 30, 2016 at 10:43 PM).

• Issue - i'm getting lots of continuity errors with both devices. every 10-15 seconds or so. TV almost watchable just corrupts every now and then.
    I'm using an acer revo mini pc, it has something like a dual core 1.6ghz atom + 4gb ram.

Watching "top" whilst simultaneously watching live TV, i notice that at the exact time the errors occurs i see gdb in top spiking at 90% CPU.

Is gdb spiking because there are continuity errors every now and then, or is gdp the cause of the continuity errors due to spiking CPU load.

have u tried the bulk_transfer option ? set it to 0

Edited once, last by CvH (January 1, 2017 at 1:17 PM).