Posts by Peelige

Hi CvH,

I have your latest 9.2 build 4.3-1854 ~ v9.1.901.444 installed and working well.

The kodi addon updater is saying that the LE add-ons repo has a newer verson 9.2.0.120.

Are you able to bump the version number in the next 4.3 nightly to avoid accidental update in the interface?

Cheers!

with this addon, am I able to specify services to use vpn tunnel only?

For example tvheadend to use vpn tunnel only, rather than my entire network being forced to use it?

My understanding is that with this addon when the addon id changes, the vpn manager changes the vpn provider or turns it on. I need it to always be on for selected service.

Hi mfizz , did you manage to get this to work? I too am looking for only tvh to use the vpn.

Cheers

for some reason my webspace was disabled from the hoster, looks like I forgot to change my billig information (changed my bank account recently) ....

try to fix it tomorrow

Hi CvH, i have a cPanel server (UK) - I don't mind giving you an account for free if not too much bandwidth and storage space used. What is your typical usage ?

Feel free to PM me !

Hi Milhouse,

Thanks for the reply. Ahh I didn't know those builds were available :) I will test and come back to you.

Also please see the .ts file I recorded just now here:

On my main LE box (nvidia card) - shows artefacts when the people are running round the curve of the track (both when watching live & recording playback).

On my second LE box (intel GM45 integrated graphics) the recording appears to playback fine.

On the Win 10 laptop the recording also appears to playback fine.

If it's a case of a new graphics card, what current nvidia series is not considered legacy ?

Cheers,

Neil

Hi CvH,

Problem still exists when downgrade to 4.2.

Using Sundtek USB tuner LE 8.2.3 :

Watching tvh live TV stream on LE = artefacts

Watch same tvh stream on Windows laptop (Kodi) = no artefacts

Recording on LE = artefacts

Same recording on win machine = no artefacts

I thought i'd download a MPEG-TS sample file to see if that plays back ok on LE... Chose one close to the TvH recorded format. Could only find progressive though : 1080p@25fps - Main@High.

Plays back with no problems. I have the media info for both files if it would help any, but guess i'm clutching at straws.

Any other testing I can do ?

Cheers,

Neil

as long the recordings are okay and play okay at VLC ... this is no DVB driver problem

pls open a new thread about it with attached kodi logs :)

Thanks CvH - opened a new thread here:

I also did a recording and I have the issue also in my recording played with VLC. So maybe DVB related? I have video and audio glitches.

Is your VLC on a different machine? Live TV and recordings play back fine on a AMD A4 APU laptop for me.

NB i have no audio glitches. Just black artefacts.

Also might be worth jumping on the my other thread and add your logs perhaps ?

Neil

Hi all,

@CvH has been trying to help me and has suggested I open a new thread, so here it is :D

I'm still having an issue with artefacts on mpeg DVB live streams/recorded tv when viewed on the LE box. The artefacts are usually every 5 seconds or so when there's fast motion eg. F1 racing. The artefacts are always little black squares.

• VDPAU is on.
    • Turning de-interlace off doesn't make a difference.
    • Playing back the recorded stream displays the artefacts in exactly the same place as watching live.
    • Live streams & recorded tv playback is fine on another windows machine, which suggests not a DVB issue. Continuity errors = 0.
    • The problem is present on both my USB and PCI tuners.
    • H264 streams are fine.
    • Community builds with older nvidia drivers don't make a difference ( Releases · sammy2142/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub )

I'm running LE generic build 8.2.3 / TvH 4.3-985 with this (old) hardware :

Intel core2duo T9500

Nvidia GT218 (Geforce 210)

DVBSky T982 (PCI)

Sundtek MediaTV Pro (USB)

Given that the fix for the issue jahutchi resolved is now released into 8.2.3, is there also some other unidentified problem that came with LE 8 ? Up until LE8 release, I was using CvH's community 7.x.x builds w/ TBS drivers without any artefacts. @augenweide is also having similar problems, but different hardware.

Logs attached.

log-2018-01-23-22.27.44.zip

Can anyone help ?

Cheers,

Neil

most likely the driver has problems, not sure how to fix it - maybe try Releases · sammy2142/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub with older drivers if they work (idk if your GPU is already legacy or not)

Hi CvH, I installed sammy's build with the legacy nvidia drivers. Still get the artifacts - in exactly the same place for the recorded F1 clip. Live TV has them too.

This issue definitely came about since LE8. I was using your community 7 builds w/ TBS drivers - had no problems with artifacts there...

Any ideas anyone ?

Have you enabled hardware acceleration (VDPAU in your case) in settings>system>display?

My graphics card is also NVidia ION-based, and my machine cannot cope unless i turn on the h/w acceleration.

Also, is your cpu overloaded when playing back the stream? As this would be another indicator that the stream is not being decoded by your gpu.

Hi jahutchi, thanks for the reply.

I don't seem to have that setting (expert mode is enabled), but the codec info window during playback shows that HW decoding is active . No spikes in CPU - sits at around 5-10%.

most likely the driver has problems, not sure how to fix it - maybe try Releases · sammy2142/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub with older drivers if they work (idk if your GPU is already legacy or not)

Hi & thanks CvH... I'll give sammy's build a whirl and report back.

Record some program and play it at your PC (VLC ...) and have a look if the same problems appear there. Is quite possible that your gpu (driver) the the problem.

Hi CvH,

Thanks for quick reply and thanks for your help (again lol).

OK I can confirm that the recorded stream plays fine on PC. The recording plays back with the same artifacts on LE.

Any suggestions on how I could possibly resolve ?

Hey guys,

I applied the 8.2.3, but I still have some artifacts when watching some TV channels. But I dont see continuity errors in the tvheadend webinterface.

I have a PCIe DVBSky T9580 V3.

Hi all,

Thanks for the hard work resolving these DVB issues. I'e updated to 8.2.3 and thought I'd mention that I'm also still getting artifacts on mpeg DVB streams. Usually every 5 seconds or so when there's fast motion eg. F1 racing. Turning de-interlace off doesn't make a difference.

This happens on both my USB and PCI tuners. I'm running generic build 8.2.3 with this (old) hardware :

Intel core2duo T9500

Nvidia GT218

DVBSky T982

Sundtek MediaTV Pro

Given that the fix for the issue jahutchi resolved is now released, is there also some other unidentified problem that came with LE 8 ?

Cheers,

Neil